DCS in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Think of it this way. Your tissues absorb a lot of gasses when you dive and there is still a lot in there after your dive. Normally, if you've followed the rules, those gassses are released slowly over the next xx-24 hours. Just don't do anything that causes them to be released too fast. Like exposing yourself to lower ambient pressure (i.e. flying, driving up a mountain). Or increasing blood flow (i.e. hot shower, massage, vigorous exercise). So in addition to delaying the hot shower for a few hours, you should also delay your gym workout or 5 mile run. For once, life wants you to take it easy and relax.

PERFECT explanation! Hi Todd! Merry Christmas - enjoy the snowflakes in Houston!

For once, life wants you to take it easy and relax.
Darn! I was planning to run a marathon after my dive. (Yeah, right!) It makes perfect sense. I don't think I have ever really been in a situation to take a hot shower or get in a hot tub. Guess I've been lucky. Now I'm paranoid. Because I'm old, overweight, and have had multiple (7) surgeries on my spine, I should have gotten bent long ago. Diving on borrowed time. I've got to be very conservative going forward.
I love this sight. I pick up a little knowledge almost every day - Thanks to @The Chairman and supporters

Cheers - M²

The hot shower/hot tub phenomenon is due to gas/liquid solubility. Most people know intuitively that increasing the temperature of a liquid increases the amount of a solid that can be dissolved in it, but many don't realize that the solubility of a gas in a liquid works in the opposite way; it decreases rather than increases with elevated temperature. Heat drives dissolved gas out of a liquid, i.e., it makes bubbles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom