DCS in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.. You have yours, I have mine. You don't like mine, I suggest you stop and find a different thread.
The problem is that you are giving uninformed opinions as facts and they are not.

The problem is that you are giving uninformed opinions as facts and they are not.

So it's a good idea to take a guy with a heart condition diving who's been bent twice due to the condition in the last 5 years? Wow, that stupidity baffles me.

So it's a good idea to take a guy with a heart condition diving who's been bent twice due to the condition in the last 5 years? Wow, that stupidity baffles me.
If you are sincere with your concerns for others, there is a lot of information out there about DCS, risks including PFOs, and medical releases. Maybe ask some questions, listen to people with experience, medical and personal and then form an opinion.

Last edited:
Your post was interesting and quickly initiated a lively discussion - that is an accomplishment!

On forums, I have learned to focus on the replies that contribute to the thread, and completely ignore the people who want to incite discord. While I don't use the "ignore" feature of the software, I can skip past specific member names fairly easily :)

In this thread, IMNSVHO, a single user's negativity was strongly outweighed by several productive responses by Christi and multiple other users. I hope you reexamine the thread with this in mind, and reconsider continuing to contribute to the thread (and ScubaBoard).

Kate

Thank you. The symptoms presented well after I was off the boat on both occasions. I didn't ruin anyone's day. I really appreciate all the great advice from Christi, but once again I'm kinda sorry I posted at Scubaboard. I won't do it again.

Hey, people that get bent are gone for the rest of the dive vacation. Problem solved.

People that are obnoxious? You're stuck with them for a week!

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I guess it would be interesting to put that question to a dive operator, if they knew a diver's history in that he has been diagnosed with PFO and have had two undeserved DCS hits in less than 5 years, the last one in 2017 would you accept him as a customer? Liability issues? Ethics issues?

I guess it would be interesting to put that question to a dive operator, if they knew a diver's history in that he has been diagnosed with PFO and have had two undeserved DCS hits in less than 5 years would you accept him as a customer?

^^^^^^^^ THANK YOU - at least SOMEONE gets it.

He doesn't have a heart condition (see the bullet points you circled on the PADI medical form)....he has a PFO. I'll dive with him any day.

It's HIS choice. Unless you want diving to be regulated out of existence.
Haven't we got enough plastic c-card inspection already?

If he wants to dive knowing the risks, fine!
If you don't want him on your boat, fine!

Kudos for sharing with us, Butch Fries!
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom