DCS Type 2 and Frontal Lobe Damage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Becon42

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm interested in information about DCS and frontal lobe damage. I have read some studies on this ,but wanted to know if anyone has had issues with this, knows someone or just has additional information on the subject.

I'm interested in information about DCS and frontal lobe damage. I have read some studies on this ,but wanted to know if anyone has had issues with this, knows someone or just has additional information on the subject.

Becon,
Can you provide references to the studies you've read? The only one I've come across is a 2009 study from UHM in which the investigators performed MRI on divers with arterial gas embolism.
Thanks,
DDM

There's very little in the medical literature about MR findings in people with DCS in the acute phase, let alone longitudinal studies to assess frontal lobe sequelae.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom