Dear Instructors and Dive Professionals:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SubMariner:
Well, it's been fun here at the zoo, but I think it's time to stop feeding the trolls. :wink:
Or perhaps the gentleman has legitimate concerns based on real, if unfortunate, experiences.

Don't let your feelings for your local LDS cloud your judgement on the real good that takes place in the I2I forum. Consider it like a "Teacher's Lounge" that is inter agancy and where the focus is to produce better instructors just as ScubaBoard's overall goal is to produce better divers. Because public access is restricted, instructors are free to share their true feelings and events.

As for instructors being motivated by profit first... well, you OBVIOUSLY didn't get one of OUR instructors. They put the student way ahead. There are even some like me, who do a lot of free teaching.

I2I is probably boring but perhaps not, and I'm not being indecisive! SPLUNGE! Discussions about interagency differences, insurance questions, how to deal with tricksy students. Hmmm. I would think this is a must read for anyone considering entering the profession. Especially an AOW or Rescue Diver. Wouldn't it be nice to know what you are getting into BEFORE you coughed up a couple more grand? Oh, wait a minute. THESE are the potential students they are talking about! LOL!

Guess there should be chance for those who want to Go Pro to have a pick into the Instructor section. May be by PM request to SB stuff and by approval of them, get a password or alike thing so even non-instructor have a chance to see it.

But then by the way, still sad many instrutor may have been gone to other section we can't see. Just be francky when one go to the pro-section, he doesn't spend as much time on the open-to-all section..........

what level is this new forum going to consider a pro. diver or is it going to be instructors only im a cave diver and have no interest in teaching students on a instructor level does this mean i wouldnt me consitered a professional

mirrocraft:
what level is this new forum going to consider a pro. diver or is it going to be instructors only im a cave diver and have no interest in teaching students on a instructor level does this mean i wouldnt me consitered a professional

Actually, it's not a NEW forum. If you look, the original post was dated 2003.

Pro = a professioanl level certification which is defined as a divemaster or higher. Obviously cave diving requires excellent diving abilities among other things, it's not considered professional level by the agencies. The Instructor forum is dedicated to discussing Instructor/teaching issues...so unless you are an instructor, the topics wouldn't pertain to you.

BTW...I'm not trying to be condecending...just answering your question about the forum. I did not set it up...I only participate and therefore am famliar with the focus of that forum.

Just Started Diving. I Found A great Diving School in Spain run by Ged Dalton, Dalton Divers. they have really encouraged me to Carry on Diving. I found them at www.daltondivers.com.

As a PADI Dive Instructor, I would say that Pro Diver would have a dual meaning. one is Are you getting paid as a Diver. comercial diver that type of thing or are you A divemaster or above. getting paid as such, being a Highly experienced diver does not make you a pro. diver. some divers are rated advanced diver and have a rating in say cave diveing and thats all they do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom