Death of Paul Walker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JoePDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Actor, and diver, Paul Walker died in a vehicle crash tonight. Details are well covered by all major media.
He made is all look so easy in "Into the Blue".
RIP brother..............

Strangely ironic, given his other endeavor. The car forums are having a field day with this...

Must admit I was not aware of Paul prior to his death. Of course it is always sad when someone dies young. I doubt I'll view "Fast and Furious" but maybe I'll take a look at "Into the Blue"

It's hard to notice any of the other actors in "into the Blue" because the whole movie is about Jessica Alba's body.

R..
Paul was famous at the time for a couple of scuba scenes: one where he supposedly sipped air directly from a tank valve during an emergency rescue, another where he hammered a tank valve off turning the cylinder into a torpedo - both good for show anyway. From the flims Wikipedia article...
The special features section of the DVD chronicles how much of the film was filmed as live action shots in the sea off the Bahamas, with live, wild sharks. It shows film crews wearing chain mail as protection whilst the cast perform in the water unprotected. The filming was made possible by the development of shark tourism in the Bahamas. The sharks are used to being hand fed and will not generally attack humans but as a result will grab any item that "hits" the water as potential food. In an early scene Paul Walker has to grab two fins and a dive mask flung to him by Alba. During filming he missed the mask. It was never seen again after hitting the water and the DVD suggests that it was taken by a shark.

Strangely ironic, given his other endeavor. The car forums are having a field day with this...

It is an awful way to go, but as the star of "Fast and Furious", he made a lot of money while inspiring a generation of idiot, reckless drivers... I suspect that there have been hundreds of young people killed in car crashes as a direct result of being "inspired" by that film.

I'd not saying it was his fault, but it does seem like karma truly is a bitch sometimes.

On the other hand, I do get a kick out of "Into the Blue". And yup, Jessica looks a bit of all right in it. It's a very close match to "The Deep" which first brought Jacqueline Bisset's "attributes" to the big screen...

All the same, a sad day...

Not very familiar with this guy. Never saw Fast & Furious and I thought Jessica Alba was the only actor in Into The Blue.

From the looks of the car...what little there is left of it...I'd say he and the driver died instantly upon impact. Not so sure it was an "awful" death as others have surmised.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom