Death of Paul Walker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paul was famous at the time for a couple of scuba scenes: one where he supposedly sipped air directly from a tank valve during an emergency rescue, .....

Not a rescue dive, but during the MSD course I did, we practised a drill in the pool breathing directly from the tank valve without a reg set, and even we shared air breathing directly from the valve with 3 other fellow students.

Not a rescue dive, but during the MSD course I did, we practised a drill in the pool breathing directly from the tank valve without a reg set, and even we shared air breathing directly from the valve with 3 other fellow students.

I used to include this "skill" as a part of my basic NAUI course (in the pool) for those who wanted to give it a whirl. The big risk was in chipping a tooth. It wasn't a terribly practical skill, but it was a good confidence builder...

With regard to the accident, latest reports indicate that they might have been involved in a drag race. Yup, that's always a good idea on a city street. I suppose on the upside, they didn't kill someone walking down the street, or another motorist. Police are looking for another car.

It was a carbon fiber car that shattered on impact at a high speed.

A desirable trait in a 600+ HP car. It keeps the gene pool sharp...

The poor guy will never win an Oscar, but he might be a candidate for a Darwin Award!

"Memorial threads for SB members (and other divers) who are no longer among us. Please note: this forum is not meant for accidents threads."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom