December 2008 Philippines trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1/2 week dumaguete...

You may as well dive Apo Island while you're there. I would also stick to 3-4 dive sites with the idea that you'll leave or stay longer at any one of them if you really like the diving. I would prefer to have a more relaxed itinerary myself unless you want to come back later to hit the spots you really liked for longer stays. One month sounds great. I once did 3 weeks and 3 different dive sites and that was plenty (35 dives in all).

Hi!

There doesnt seem to be much support for Palawan / Coron Town. Is there any reason for this or is it that there are just much better places to go...?

Hi!

There doesnt seem to be much support for Palawan / Coron Town. Is there any reason for this or is it that there are just much better places to go...?
personally i love coron... it's not the best diving but i loved the mystique of the wrecks and i think the topside is the most beautiful place in the whole country (that's my thing)

it's just that you'll need to fly there to- and from- manila... harder to connect to coron from other places if you plan to hop along several locations...

also diving compared to other places is not great (bad viz) but if you want to dive into real WWII wrecks w/in recreational limits then you can't beat coron

Jag

Just a reminder....if you are in the area o/a 13 DEC to 11 JAN you have an offer for free air everything else is on you.....I have one student, I am teaching a lawyer OPEN WATER and that will take only 4 days.....hmmmm, might need to take more lead this class.....

If you are looking for good reef diving and good vis most anywhere is better, but...

Coron is one of my favorite places to dive in the Philippines. It offers a type of diving unlike any other place here, having so many wrecks available with the great scenery and location of Busuanga/Coron. Some of the wrecks make for great photo opportunities, and also some have quite a bit of life. Batfish, crocodile fish, quite a few nudibranchs, etc. Well worth spending 4-5 days to see the various dive locations if you have the time, I like having a couple weeks to spend there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom