December 2017 Scubaboard Microsurge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Red Beryl has been the best dive of the trip so far - truly Fish-A-Palooza!
And I concur with daRook - B2B continues to dominate the lunch octogon of lunch options on the island.

Looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow!

Mrs. daRook

And I concur with daRook - B2B continues to dominate the lunch octogon of lunch options on the island.

Mrs. daRook
See ya all at 10 am

Mrs. daRook
We have done a dive from the new Delfins Resort down south (Lighthouse Point, basically and a very easy entry and exit!), Bachelor Beach, Vista Blue, Oil Slick (twice), Andrea 1, Weber's Joy, the house reef in front of where we are staying in a private house just north of Bachelor Beach, Cha Cha Cha--

Vista Blue and Weber's Joy were outstanding, as usual. Andrea 1 was particularly good yesterday morning (Monday)-- Extremely abundant with thousands of juvenile fish of various sorts. We will see you guys tomorrow at 10am. We will most likely head north for a couple of afternoon dives after lunch, since we are already on that side of town. 1,000 Steps most likely and whatever else suits our fancy, in case anyone want to join.

It was a lovely dive and lunch with everyone today. Great to meet you all. The whale sharks, mantas and mermaids were all amazing! If anyone is doing any dusk or night dives and don't mind company let me know. My dive buddy is not into diving in the dark.
Very enjoyable time! That Bait Ball was killer also! We would be down for dusk/night dive tomorrow or Friday night.
Also, if anyone wants to try and pick another day or time tomorrow or Friday for a day dive- just throw a time and dive site out there.

I would be totally up for a night or dusk dive either of those. I think we have a chance at strings of pearls as it was just full moon. If you want to plan one I am game. To be pretty dark we would want to go in after 6. I think night diving at Something Special would be great. Should be dark enough for the pearls at the end.

Our plan for the morning is Vista Blue first thing then Invisibles. Knowing us we will get to VB around 9ish.

...mermaids
Sorry guys. That one was just Eric :wink:

Darook and Squirrelly G . You were spot on about Red Beryl. We did it as a late afternoon duskish dive and it was fabulous.

Put us down for a night dive at Something Special, Thursday or Friday.

I think we are going to do Red Beryl again tomorrow and Eric is requesting the Angel City to Helmer Hooker dive. We got in late and just now having a bite to eat. Not sure what time we will head out or exactly where but I know it will be south so will probably see ya’ll somewhere along the way!

Last edited:
@Kriet No guarantees but there was and Octopus at Something Special today. He was out and about at 24 feet depth a little ways past the flat squares of coral startings. His hole was nearby.

Did Red Beryl this afternoon. One of the nicest dives lots of great coral and good fish life.
Watch out for the kite boarders, they were right on us right up to shore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom