December 2017 Scubaboard Microsurge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did Red Beryl this afternoon. One of the nicest dives lots of great coral and good fish life.
Watch out for the kite boarders, they were right on us right up to shore.
Exactly, need to hug the bottom until it is too shallow that your tank sticks out of the water then stand up.

I was trying to keep track of who was where when. The family and I are heading down to Captain Don's next week Dec 17th -24th. I am going to be bbsitting a newly certified diver and a 13 year old that knows how to look at her computer and likes to stay at 35 feet. No sneaking to 50. So mornings will be off Captain dons going to the cliff and going to the reef restoration.

If anyone is around I would love to go on a dive. I have boat dives set up for me so I can get my fix, but would like to meet some of you guys if you are around.

We will have a truck etc.

Anyway we can get a beer if not a dive

JJ

We have done a dive from the new Delfins Resort down south (Lighthouse Point, basically and a very easy entry and exit!), Bachelor Beach, Vista Blue, Oil Slick (twice), Andrea 1, Weber's Joy, the house reef in front of where we are staying in a private house just north of Bachelor Beach, Cha Cha Cha--

Vista Blue and Weber's Joy were outstanding, as usual. Andrea 1 was particularly good yesterday morning (Monday)-- Extremely abundant with thousands of juvenile fish of various sorts. We will see you guys tomorrow at 10am. We will most likely head north for a couple of afternoon dives after lunch, since we are already on that side of town. 1,000 Steps most likely and whatever else suits our fancy, in case anyone want to join.
How was the dive at Lighthouse Point? Any headway on the pier construction? Sounds like everyone is having a great time:)

Sorry guys. That one was just Eric :wink:

Darook and Squirrelly G . You were spot on about Red Beryl. We did it as a late afternoon duskish dive and it was fabulous.

Put us down for a night dive at Something Special, Thursday or Friday.

I think we are going to do Red Beryl again tomorrow and Eric is requesting the Angel City to Helmer Hooker dive. We got in late and just now having a bite to eat. Not sure what time we will head out or exactly where but I know it will be south so will probably see ya’ll somewhere along the way!

OK- Somebody pick a time and a date for a night dive at Something Special. We will be there. We did a night dive tonight in front of the villa where we are staying. We got in around 6:45pm- the sun set right around 6:15pm. Was a good dive. We may do Red Beryl tomorrow morning also since everyone is raving about it and it is one of the few dive sites I have not done on Bonaire. Probably our first dive tomorrow morning- hopefully get there ahead of the kite boarders.

OK, 6:15 at Something Special, actually Play Kaya Lechi which is the easy way in. We always park out but the main drag and walk the 50 feet to the beach. We are on!

@Trailboss123 I hope you enjoy Red Beryl. Nothing wild there, just really nice with lots of fish activity and hopefully turtles!

How was the dive at Lighthouse Point? Any headway on the pier construction? Sounds like everyone is having a great time:)

The pier is done, but is not being used for boat diving as yet. If you do your check out dive there, one of the staff from Dive Friends walks out to the end of the pier with extra weights while you descend to check your buoyancy. Overall, all the impressions we are getting regarding Delfins and the Dive Friends operation there are super positive. The food at their restaurant is awesome. I thought the diving was good and there is no easier entry and exit into the water on the island. The dive site can be known to be current sensitive due to its proximity the point- but we didn't encounter any.

OK, 6:15 at Something Special, actually Play Kaya Lechi which is the easy way in. We always park out but the main drag and walk the 50 feet to the beach. We are on!

@Trailboss123 I hope you enjoy Red Beryl. Nothing wild there, just really nice with lots of fish activity and hopefully turtles!

During our dive there this afternoon, I had a large Jack whizz past me at about 27', followed by a Barracuda not more than 30 seconds behind him! Plus a bonus Sea Turtle at about 20' about 20 minutes later. Lots of Parrot Fish eating, plus smaller fish defending their babies from Goat Fish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom