December 2022 Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Endeavors Henry has a small apartment you can rent.
Salty E not Scuba

Apartment stay will give you a more authentic experience of life on the island. Enjoy

11/30 - 12/4 staying at Puerto Libre , 3 days diving w/ Salty endeavors.
Last minute trip - first time in Coz.

Hi All,

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I am traveling solo. I'd really like to do a blackwater dive (I've never done one) with the op I will list below, but he needs a minimum of 5 divers so I figured I'd try to get a group together on here.

I'd be available to do this any night from 12/22-1/2 excluding NYE of course. I'd prefer to go a little earlier in my trip in so I can try to get in a second one if I desire.

for some reason, the forum wouldn't provide the hyperlink for his FB so I removed the HTTPS so hopefully, it pastes the link. You'll just have to cut and paste if you want to check it out.

www.facebook.com/people/Blackwater-Cozumel/100066114822931/?paipv=0&eav=AfaydzA_tJTEGTxCe7a5t6YdoE3QUeO4xU9oJ_5GVIlcMNNzxPFjja_sqsgmSRWqOU0&_rdr

Some info I got from chatting with Robert on FB.

"The dives are controlled by the weather as they are conducted in open water. We seem to be running 2 a week at the moment. To run the dive I need 5 divers and swells less than 1.2m in the channel. As a result of the weather dependency, I can't schedule dives any more than 3 days in advance so I ask people to be as flexible as possible. At this time of year, we meet up at 6 pm at Marina Fonatur on the boat called "Big Splash". We set our gear up and have a dove briefing at the dock and head out at about 7 pm. The drop zone is about a 25-30min trip out into the channel. We get 90mins out there which we can push a little longer if it's really good. Depending on the current we are back at the dock around 10 pm. I ask all divers to be experienced in night dives I ask everyone to wear full coverings as we do get stingers out there. Everyone must have a good strong torch. 2 light sources are advisable. No heart conditions.

I use a nice big safe boat. Max of 25 divers but the more divers in the water the more we see. the small group idea is not ideal for blackwater. the more lights in the water the better. 2 of the DMs on the dive are award-winning photographers and we have over 100,000lm of light on the downline."

The dive is 120usd per person, which included weights and a tank. Nitrox is 10usd, Lights are 10usd"

So, let me know if you're interested and I can work to arrange it.

Hi All,

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I am traveling solo. I'd really like to do a blackwater dive (I've never done one) with the op I will list below, but he needs a minimum of 5 divers so I figured I'd try to get a group together on here.

I'd be available to do this any night from 12/22-1/2 excluding NYE of course. I'd prefer to go a little earlier in my trip in so I can try to get in a second one if I desire.

for some reason, the forum wouldn't provide the hyperlink for his FB so I removed the HTTPS so hopefully, it pastes the link. You'll just have to cut and paste if you want to check it out.

www.facebook.com/people/Blackwater-Cozumel/100066114822931/?paipv=0&eav=AfaydzA_tJTEGTxCe7a5t6YdoE3QUeO4xU9oJ_5GVIlcMNNzxPFjja_sqsgmSRWqOU0&_rdr

Some info I got from chatting with Robert on FB.

"The dives are controlled by the weather as they are conducted in open water. We seem to be running 2 a week at the moment. To run the dive I need 5 divers and swells less than 1.2m in the channel. As a result of the weather dependency, I can't schedule dives any more than 3 days in advance so I ask people to be as flexible as possible. At this time of year, we meet up at 6 pm at Marina Fonatur on the boat called "Big Splash". We set our gear up and have a dove briefing at the dock and head out at about 7 pm. The drop zone is about a 25-30min trip out into the channel. We get 90mins out there which we can push a little longer if it's really good. Depending on the current we are back at the dock around 10 pm. I ask all divers to be experienced in night dives I ask everyone to wear full coverings as we do get stingers out there. Everyone must have a good strong torch. 2 light sources are advisable. No heart conditions.

I use a nice big safe boat. Max of 25 divers but the more divers in the water the more we see. the small group idea is not ideal for blackwater. the more lights in the water the better. 2 of the DMs on the dive are award-winning photographers and we have over 100,000lm of light on the downline."

The dive is 120usd per person, which included weights and a tank. Nitrox is 10usd, Lights are 10usd"

So, let me know if you're interested and I can work to arrange it.
Well THAT is something I've never done in 30 years of diving. I'm in. Could do it Dec. 27, 28, 29 or 30.

Matt and Sandi, 2 weeks, Dec 24-Jan 7, 1st week Blue Angel, 2nd TBD, looking for a alternative close by the BA for week 2, I will be by myself and really just need a place to sleep. Doing a DM class.

Can someone post current surface and depth temperatures please? I'm assuming 82ish?

Talitha and I will be in town from Dec 30-Mar 1, staying at an AirBNB near 5th & 20th, diving daily with Aldora, except for a few days with Deep Exposure while we're doing GUE Tech 1.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom