Deco bottle leash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sloth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone have a good ballpark length for a leash? I'm planning on making one and want to know if you guys have found a good generic length to start with. Ive been borrowing them up till now and some seem to long causing a bottle to float out of that good tucked position. Thanks

Attachments

• VieLeash.jpg
    VieLeash.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
I have the "loop" around 4.75" (slightly over 12 mm) long. I've used a longer one (15 mm) and that worked fine but I prefer the shorter version.

The length of the double ender is about the same. Overall length (double ender + loop) is just over 9 inches.

See also: how long does a leash for stages needs to be? - DIR Explorers

Just what I was looking for, Thanks :D

... (slightly over 12 mm) ... (15 mm) ...
12 cm and 15 cm, not mm :)

I guess that this is correct length if one leash is used. I use "little bit longer then long double-ender" - just like at Vie's picture.

Depends on the number of bottles. They start smaller and get bigger. Unless you are going over 4 bottles, or are in drygloves, just using a double ender works fine. Again, smaller double ender on bottle three than four. I prefer double enders alone becuase it allows you to better position the bottles. When scootering, you need to pull the third bottle on top of the two you are wearing as normal stages. If swimming in the ocean you are talking primarily al40s and it isn't that big of a deal.

I assumed it was cm. I made one that looks more like the scooter leash in the link above as thats the style I've been borrowing.

Currently I'm not ready to do deco dives with a travel 80 but my tech instructor likes to throw two 40s and a 80 at us in shallow water so we can practice juggling and for task loading.

The main thing I'm going to use it for is to get my scooter further above my double when its stowed during deco.

Thanks again.

The main thing I'm going to use it for is to get my scooter further above my double when its stowed during deco.

Then why didn't you just ask about a scooter leash in the first place??

Depending on the scooter and gloves they too range from a double ender to ~15cm.

The leash size kinda depends on what kind of scooter you use...

Otoh, since this is the "DIR Practitioners Zone," should we stick to the "approved" scooter brand? :D

The leash size kinda depends on what kind of scooter you use...

Otoh, since this is the "DIR Practitioners Zone," should we stick to the "approved" scooter brand? :D

Which one is that? :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom