Deco Tank Trim

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm kind of glad no one except Kirill's tech2 class saw me with all of the deco bottles hanging off me yesterday. I looked like a refugee from Sanford and Son.

An empty 40 is never gonna look perfectly flat. Don't sweat it too much. Aj has offered you some good advice earlier in this thread

I'm kind of glad no one except Kirill's tech2 class saw me with all of the deco bottles hanging off me yesterday. I looked like a refugee from Sanford and Son.
multri's are much different than getting a single 40 in snug and trim.. IMHO, it's worth getting the 40 in so it isn't hanging low and almost straight vertical. Nor is it terribly difficult to get a single 40 snug and trim.

Less drag, less banging the 40 and the reg on it around and less chance of it getting hung up on something...esp is ow wreck environment.

Cave?? LOL, could care less how a 40 is slung, it's getting left at the entrance, close to and I normally hand carry it and dump it off. When I deco i will clip the top , I may (or most likely not) clip the bottom off...

Not clipping off the bottom is bad news. Flow at your back can flip it around and the loose clip is apt to catch on the line.

Not clipping off the bottom is bad news. Flow at your back can flip it around and the loose clip is apt to catch on the line.
meh... generally my 20' deco is not in the cave, so no line, can it flip around ..sure I guess, it generally hasn't on me, I have used it that way hundreds of times on the normal 5-15 mins of deco N FL cave dive.. I tend to clip it off on the bottom if I have 10 or more mins deco. I also generally put my face into the flow if I can't get out of it while doing deco..that helps keep things in place.. I virtually never deco with the flow coming from behind me

I guess it's fine if all your dives are the same.

Anything goes.
no, they aren't all the same, if I was diving offshore with a 40 o2 deco it would be clipped properly, in caves doing longer o2 deco than 30 mins or so and i am not using a 40..

I'm not moving around during deco, the 40 even clipped only on the top generally stays in place really well.. the bottom clip isn't a sucide clip either, not gonna clip itself on a line if there was even one around.

Would it be better to clip the bottom each time? Probably yes, I am just being honest.

Did a 70 min cave dive last night ..had only 8 mins of deco on Oxygen, it didn't get clipped on the bottom.

I believe having the tanks horizontal at the beginning of the dive is the important point, how they look at the end is not so important, AL's will tend to go bud up when used anyways.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom