Deep 6 Regulator Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you eliminate one of the three cover colors you had at the beginning?
no, still have three colours. Orange Black and Chrome. Those are in order of sales as well.

Anyhow the front silicone cover is the same on all of them

I think the orange looks cool. Probably more important from a marketing point is that it looks different and is instantaneously recognizable.

I remember the first time I breathed through a new regulator. Prior to that I used the stuff supplied to us from the dive shop where we took our lessons, and then the dive operator that we used for a week. My LDS I am sure has never services the regs they use in the pool ever. But in all fairness they were no older than me and I don't need servicing yet. Anyway I digress. When I took my first breath it was as tough the air was being forced into my lungs and not like I was trying to suck it through 20' of garden hose. It did take a while to get used to not gasping on the regulator but rather allowing it to do what it was intended to.

I think the orange looks cool. Probably more important from a marketing point is that it looks different and is instantaneously recognizable.

This is a great point. An all-black one could just as well be an Apeks or other brand from 10 feet. But anybody who works with tools knows that yellow is DeWalt, blue is Makita, red is Milwaukee, and gray is Porter Cable from 50+ feet away.

I'm still not sure what I think of those orange fins. Made me think of when Dodge first came out with the new look Ram trucks. Told my wife I'm not sure if I really like it or dislike it. 15 years later I decided I really like it. I'm guessing it isn't a big seller in Pittsburgh though.

I'm still not sure what I think of those orange fins. Made me think of when Dodge first came out with the new look Ram trucks. Told my wife I'm not sure if I really like it or dislike it. 15 years later I decided I really like it. I'm guessing it isn't a big seller in Pittsburgh though.
Ive always like distinctively colored fins for ID of buddy / allowing students to recognize me in the surface huddle etc. Unfortunately Ive mostly had to settle for a good fin in black, or a crappy fin in bright. For years I had a set of Force Fins in yum yum yellow, till they got lost in a move. Now I have a great fin in a VERY visible colour, win all the way.
Oh and I feel you on the RAM, my 1500 is my baby.

we have black as well..Orange sells better

I've only only owned one reg set for over a decade. SP Mk21/S550 and looking for a new set. Deep 6 has definitely caught my attention and interest.

Am for the Philippines and dive locally (we have over 7,000 islands) or mostly or within Asia, so tropical waters. Would servicing be a challenge (I don't have he propensity to service gear on my own)? Is shipping internationally an issue, for purchase or servicing?

How would Deep 6 compare to my existing ageing SP mk21ss550 reg set?

Have you considered angled ports that supposedly make hose set-up more streamlined? Like OMS Evoque or MK21?

Apologies for the barrage of questions. Got excited.

Would servicing be a challenge (I don't have he propensity to service gear on my own)? Is shipping internationally an issue, for purchase or servicing?
Don't know about D6 specifically, but in general servicing gear is'nt that hard to do. Considering D6 packs spare parts with their regs, I suppose servicing their regs is managable for a regular diver who is capable of handling basic tools..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom