Deep outdoors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I finally got to try out my DO Matrix today in the pool at a LDS during a bouyancy work shop. With the back plate and a set of 2 piece stainless steel single tank adapters the thing ways a ton. I was a nearly perfect amount of wight with my 0.5 mm dive skin on. It is extremely comfortable to wear and very secure on your back in the water. I could roll in to any position i desired and with almost no effort. My only complaint is that I thought it was kind of hard to dump air from especially at the surface. Once I figured it out though everything was just wonderful.

As a side note I got to meet another board member (cincibob) by accident as he was the instructor for the class. I had a good time too.

Glad you enjoyed yourself. I've been thinking about that class for a bit. You think it's worth it?

Rachel

For the price its not a bad deal. I can't say I learned a whole lot but it was nice to have supervised practice.

:confused: Anyone have any opinions on the Deep Outdoors BC's I do not see many Divers wearing them, but then again they are some what new to the market. I was looking at the Intergrity.

Jeff

They are pretty new. We just got some of them in, and I think they are a very well built BC. Very good materials, and excellent construction, IMO. They have a very good warranty, similar to Seaquest's (limited lifetime warranty).

I have NOT had one in the water yet, and I dont know if that will happen anytime soon. I would see if your LDS has one that you can try out.

I personally like the BP&W combo that they have. They have a BC that the DIR folks would like (Purist with 40 # bladder), another one that has shoulder pads built in (Freedom). They have an 85 # bladder also, with a single or double bladder. They do have a cool line-up, something to appeal to almost anyone.

Please, please, PLEASE use the search function, that little box at the top of your screen labeled "Search", before EVER starting a new thread.

Doing a search on "Deep Outdoors" reveals 58, wait, with your post 59 already threads with "Deep Outdoors" in them, the vast majority asking for an opinion just like you are.

I'm sure you'll find all the opinions you're looking for in those threads, and if one sparks an unanswered question, by posting to that EXISTING thread, the thread will pop right up to the top of the board for all to see, so you'll get an answer.

Roak

:eek:ut: First after a bit of Deco I see that I was hasty and took the quick route and asked my question. Your reply seems as if you have quite a bit of Nitrogen built up and are ready to bend any minute. A please see the board FAQ's or Board SOP's would have been sufficient. Hope you didnt run out of Meds.:)

ScubaCrossing once bubbled...
:confused: Anyone have any opinions on the Deep Outdoors BC's I do not see many Divers wearing them, but then again they are some what new to the market. I was looking at the Intergrity.

Jeff

The only models that I have seen are the Freedom Harness and backplate and the Matrix which I own. I haven't seen any threads that refered to anyting other than Matrix and that is the only thing I can offer an opinion on right now.

As far as the Matrix goes it is one fine piece fo equipment that I really love to tell people about. It is very high quality and very well constructed. I only have three open water dives in it so far but I should have about 30 or more soon as I will be leaving for a two week honeymoon in bonaire and Curacao just a week from tomorrow. My only real complaints so far is Deep Outdoors recomended way of mounting a single tank which simply is inserting the tanks straps through the slots in the wing, backplate, and harness which results in the whole thing being held together by the tank. This easily fixed with a 2 piece single tank adapter which also created one very very stable bc to dive. The only other problem I have had with it is dumping air but really it is more a problem with me and not the bc as this is the first back inflate i have had in the water so I am still figuring things out.

Thanks for the replies, if anyone gets to use one in their Dives, I would love to hear how it performs.

I should have a little more of a review for you at the end of the month as I leave for a week in Bonaire and a week in Curacao for my honeymoon on sunday. I should get quite a few dives in during those two weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom