Deep outdoors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

this reply was wrong everyone has the right to ask there question on this forum including Scubacrossing regulator or not please respect his choice of asking a question!!!

Welcome to the file, but...

Please, please, PLEASE use the search function, that little box at the top of your screen labeled "Search", before EVER starting a new thread.

Doing a search on "Deep Outdoors" reveals 58, wait, with your post 59 already threads with "Deep Outdoors" in them, the vast majority asking for an opinion just like you are.

I'm sure you'll find all the opinions you're looking for in those threads, and if one sparks an unanswered question, by posting to that EXISTING thread, the thread will pop right up to the top of the board for all to see, so you'll get an answer.

medic13 once bubbled...
this reply was wrong everyone has the right to ask there question on this forum including Scubacrossing regulator or not please respect his choice of asking a question!!!
Actually it's in scubacrossing's best interest to use the search function. There are established threads dealing with this topic. Those members that have been in here awhile that could give scubacrossing some good information have burned out answering the same question over and over and over again.

Note the lack of responses to the note, s/he got very little information by asking the same question for the umpteenth time.

By using the search function there's a good possibility that the question wouldn't have to be asked again, and they'd find far more detailed answers in the threads that were extensively answered some time ago.

In addition, if scubacrossing had used the search function and read an "old" thread and had a follow-up question to something that they found, by adding a response the "old" thread would become "active" and move to the top of the board so everyone could see that there was new activity in the thread.

Failing to use the search function and asking a question for the umpteenth time is a lose-lose situation -- the information gets diluted for future reference and if asked numerous times before, the poster doesn't get any good information -- we're answered the question many, many times before.

Roak

The only other problem I have had with it is dumping air but really it is more a problem with me and not the bc as this is the first back inflate i have had in the water so I am still figuring things out.

I just got a Matrix and have the same problem. Sometimes I have to roll to my side to dump air. Is this normal with wings, or could it just be that I'm short, and my short midget arm has trouble reaching above the wing with the hose, depending on my position in the water. I've only used jackets before this BC, which since they keep you head up the lifting the hose high enough o dump was never a problem.

This easily fixed with a 2 piece single tank adapter which also created one very very stable bc to dive.
Is it like just a small plate that screws to the backplate on the ouside of the BC, and then the straps go through that? Do I get it from Deep Outdoors, or can I get one from anyone? This actually doesn't bother me that much except sometimes when mounting my tank and rinsing the BC.

Oh by the way. I'm still a newbie with only about 9 dives. Other than the same issues cstreu1026 has, I love the Matrix and I will never wear one of those stinky jacket style BCs again.

I am Grunzsters dive buddy....and he is short....but a good guy!

I too find the Deep Outdoors Matrix very confortable, and very streamlined, it is probably the best mix between old school BC and Harness, but i too find the ability to let out air a little cumbersome. You have to rooll over a bit and finess it a bit. I think if they got rid of the velcro holder for the bc controls, you could hold it more vertical and let out air more easilly.

Also, the Matrix seems to fill with air at a different rate than I am used too. Could be me, I am a nubie also, but it seems to have anti lock braking when it comes to filling the bladder.....it may be a good thing.....no one wants that rocket ride to the surface! lol

keep breathing
ING

OK, now that I have 23 dives in the Matrix I feel a little more comfortable offering advice and a review. The short review is I love it with the backplate installed but its just another back inflate bc with out it (as I used it during my honeymoon in bonaire and curacao). Dumping air has gotten easier since I have figured out what position I need to be in, either vertical or in a heads down position depending on the dump i am using.

I bought my 2 piece single tank adapter from S & W metal products in PA. They are two W shaped peices of stainless steel that mount to the bc. The tank staps are then installed in the STA. with them installed on the backplate it is simply unbeleiveable how stable the whole thing is.

The bottom line is that I love my matrix and won't be selling it anytime soon.

Oh yeah there is a review of the Integrity I beleive in Sport Diver this month and it too looks like a very nice bc but not modular.

Deep Outdoors is moving their HQ, so they might be a little hard to get ahold of for the next week or so...

Purchased a Deep outdoors product about a week before the Beneath The Sea show. Tried to talk with DO staff about a question. They barely gave me the time of day. Then they told me to direct the question to the dealer I bought the product from. I did. At the show I bought a competitor's product and returned the Deep Outdoor product to the dealer I purchased it from. I never got a chance to see for myself if their products were good or bad, but they have a lot to learn in customer service. I won't be buying any of their products anytime soon.

Hi,
I am a new diver (I just completed my OW Dives) and I came across a deal that just may be too good to past up. I was wondering if anyone has heard of the Company Deepoutdoors and if any one has used the Inegrity Model from their Harmony series BC's? What are your thoughts? I saw these in a local dive shop and they had told me that they were marked down to $350 from $600 and this offer only ran though to this weekend (10 August 2003). Thanks
Stay Hep
Tom

ps deepoutdoors website for more info http://www.deepoutdoors.com/integrity.html

If you are looking in the $350 price range and you are looking for a BC vs. a BP/Wing, I would personally recomend you look at the Zeagle products.

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom