Deep outdoors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I should have my Matrix setup by the end of the week. I am just waiting for a single tank adapter to use to add a little more stability. I can't wait to try it out. I will also be getting a bag from them in the near future. It all seems like very nice stuff.

I have owned my DO Matrix since October. I think it's awesome. The best part is when I need to get tech, I can pull out the BP and string some webbing on and be ready for my DIR-F class. hehe

I also own a number of their bags including the regulator, tradesman, a couple mask pouches, one for my Olympus 5050, and one for my mask, as well as a microchip pouch to store my dive computer in.

I think all of their stuff is great. I had a problem with my weight pouches, and was shipped out a new set before I even got my old set in the mail to send back to them. They are a great company and I think they put a lot of detail into their equipment.

THIS WEEK I WILL PURCHASE MY MATRIX, I WAS AT BENEATH THE SEA TOO, AND THE BC SEEMS LIKE A GOOD BUY...VERY FUNCTIONAL, AND COMFORTABLE

SMKChef once bubbled...
I think all of their stuff is great. I had a problem with my weight pouches, and was shipped out a new set before I even got my old set in the mail to send back to them. They are a great company and I think they put a lot of detail into their equipment.

Which weight pockets do you have? I have heard of problems with one type but I don't remember if it were the front release or bottom release.

cstreu1026 once bubbled...

Which weight pockets do you have? I have heard of problems with one type but I don't remember if it were the front release or bottom release.

I have the vertical release pockets. They are very secure. I think the front release are difficult to pull out. The design of the pocket makes it a very stable way to support the weights, IMO.

Not to try and spoil the party, but I had a chance to compare the Matrix and TPII side by side. What I noticed was that the Matrix was a lot heavier. That may be good or bad depending on your tastes.

Since then DO came out with the Unity, a minimalist BC with a 34# singles only wing. Now, that one I find really appealing.

Matrix is a bit on the heavy side. But I like the comfort of the whole thing on my back. It is well designed so the weight is comfortable to haul. I have done one ocean shore dive with it and I am doing a couple more next week. I don't mind it.

it is heavier than I expected, but lighter than my Sea Quest Raider...which was the primary reason for getting a new BC. The 6lb. back plate does make a huge difference in the weight. All in all I am very happy with it and can't wait to try it.

I JUST PURCHASED MY DO MATRIX FROM THE GUYS AT THE BENEATH THE SEA SHOW, THEY ARE CALLED 1 877 SCUBA USA. THEY GAVE ME THE PRICE THEY PROMISED, AND LOTS OF GREAT INSITE!
CANT WAIT TO GET WET SOON, AND TRY OUT MY NEW BC. THANKS SCUBA USA...YOU GUYS ARE OK!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom