Deep outdoors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My recommendation is to get a plate and rig the webbing through it instead of buying a harness. (yes, you know I am working toward DIR). My reason for this is you can put the D rings where you want/need them, it is less bulky for you packing issue, no padding so you will need less weight, and it can be easily replaced when it is worn with $5 worth of webbing so it will last longer.

Good luck on your set up. The Deep Outdoors stuff looks to be well constructed.

Chad

Their stuff does look interesting. Are their any places on the internet which indicate prices? There don't appear to be any distributors outside North America, so if I wanted to buy one, it would have to be either through the net or wait until the next time I am in the States.

DutchDown once bubbled...
Their stuff does look interesting. Are their any places on the internet which indicate prices? There don't appear to be any distributors outside North America, so if I wanted to buy one, it would have to be either through the net or wait until the next time I am in the States.

I found a person selling the wing on Ebay, but missed the end of the auction by a few minutes. I contacted him and he agreed to sell me one with out going through Ebay at a Better price.

Can't you get a backplate and harness for a lot less than $250.00?

I ended up getting the purist backplate to go with the wing I bought. Now all i have to do is put together a harness for it. I guess after that I going to have to get the 7' hose. :)

Well things changed once again. I am still diving the Deep Outdoors stuff. I decided to get the Matrix because ti comes with the purist back plate. So i can try both the standard harness and also the Matrix harness which is similar to the Trans Pac II. Can't wait to try it out.

about 2 week too late. I just bought my deep outdoors setup, though I doubt the deal i got could be beaten. I was able to get the 40lb wing and Matirx Harness, which comes with the purist back plate for $360. The wing by itself is close to the same price in my LDS that carries the Deep Outdoors stuff. All I need now is the STA and cam bands.

dive rite express for $15 hinged stainless cambands, similar to what scubapro uses.

Back
Top Bottom