Deepest solo yet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you trolling Padre?

NOPE!
Just sharing as others info about my personal deepest solo. I included the unfortunate fact about my friend dying only because it happened. If you are interested you can search it. I wrote it up in detail on the board.

My deepest solo dive to date,

278' on the RBJ off Fort lauderdale area. Trimix dive with adequate bailout. Twin backmounted 130's, stage AL80 with backgas and stage AL40 with o2. Gases used 15/50 and 100%. Bottom time 25 minutes, TRT 147 minutes. Temp 68 Degrees.

I enjoy these kind of dives, they are relaxing and Zenful.....

Deepest non solo dive 388'

Safe Diving

I enjoy these kind of dives, they are relaxing and Zenful.....

Almost all of my solo dives are in the 110 to 180 ffw range. Deepest would be about 205 (on air, when I was younger and stupider...)

I'm too lazy to dive mix, so rarely exceed 180 ffw these days, but log perhaps 50 a year to that depth. The usual temp at that depth is 39. (But then it's generally that temp from 110' down...)

Definitely Zenful! I dove my favorite old schooner Sunday (110') and wracked up a total time of 50 min on nitrox. The water was a baulmy 46. Practically overheated! :D

Almost all of my solo dives are in the 110 to 180 ffw range. Deepest would be about 205 (on air, when I was younger and stupider...)

I'm too lazy to dive mix, so rarely exceed 180 ffw these days, but log perhaps 50 a year to that depth. The usual temp at that depth is 39. (But then it's generally that temp from 110' down...)

Definitely Zenful! I dove my favorite old schooner Sunday (110') and wracked up a total time of 50 min on nitrox. The water was a baulmy 46. Practically overheated! :D

Practiaclly overheated, I love it! My deepest solo is 85 ft lobster hunting with just around an hour in the water. I just did a solo dive up in Thunder Bay Ont. Water was soo stained I couldn't see more that 1 ft in front of my light at any point after entry. Still better than sitting topside dreaming about getting wet.

Followed by this a bit over 110 in Table Rock to explore a return that looked odd. It was odd.

N

What was it? The pic on the left looks like a tower.

Good to hear that your dive was safe! I still haven't played around enough with my reaction to narcosis to be soloing to any significant depth, 73 foot max for me so far, and it was a bounce profile I think I averaged 50 on the dive. One of these days I will hit 100 I am sure, but I'm not pushing it.

Mine was 74 meters and 4C degree water. Plenty of redudant equipment - but a little to deep for air. Next time deeper than 60 meters I will go for trimix.

I had about 250 dives prior to beginning solo diving a couple of years ago. My deepest dive is 131 feet on the Hogan in San Diego. I have about 20 additional dives between 100 and 125 feet on the Yukon in San Diego, the Spiegel Grove and Duane in Key Largo, the the Sea Tiger and YO-257in Oahu. I dive singles with air or nitrox and carry a slung 19 cu ft pony with which I practice air-switching on nearly every solo dive. These dives are generally no deco or just a couple minutes at safety stop depth. The dives in San Diego are in cool water (50 +/- a few degrees F) with modest to moderate visibility whereas the dives in Florida and Hawaii are in warm water (70s and 80s degrees F) with generally greater visibility.

I find it harder and harder to dive with buddies other than my family. I really enjoy the freedom and solitude of solo diving on both my shallow and deeper dives.

Good diving, Craig

Back
Top Bottom