Delayed onset of bends symptoms...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got bent once and did not realize it until two weeks after the fact due to an overlying back injury from a fairly recent car accident. I attributed the post dive numbness and tingling in my thigh to overuse of my not yet fullly recovered lower back injury on my first post accident dive. When I saw my Dr. two weeks later for a follow up visit, he was initially confused as those reported symptoms (now reduced to some numbness on the surface of my leg) had no neurological connection to the site of my back injury. After an interview discussing my activites and a in particular a particular dive profile, DCS was identified as the probable cause.

In my non medical opinion, I'd suspect the opposite in your case - the symptoms are probably due to something other than DCS as the probability of first encountering symptoms of DCS after 48 hours are very, very low.

Hi Tommixdiver:

No, it is not possible that signs and symptoms could appear after than duration PROVIDING they were not already present and you simply did not recognize them. The case given above is such an example.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom