DEMA update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nothing new or exciting in dive computers? Did anyone ask Suunto about Buhlmann for the Eon Steel? No Garmin Descent MK 2 with AI? No inexpensive rec computer running Buhlmann with preset GFs?...

Hopefully a bit better than half decent, I even gave the chairman of the board a big hug when I saw him... haha

I liked the amount of articles, but there were few actual pictures of the new products just wide booth shots.

No Garmin Descent MK 2 with AI?
I would look for that next year.

Nothing new or exciting in dive computers? Did anyone ask Suunto about Buhlmann for the Eon Steel? No Garmin Descent MK 2 with AI? No inexpensive rec computer running Buhlmann with preset GFs?...
I posted the Suunto info on another thread. Eon Core update is tentatively targeted for Q1 release, Eon Steel in Q2.
Genesis (Sherwood) Centauri is a $300 wrist top running Buhlmann, 3 conservative settings, rechargeable.

I posted the Suunto info on another thread. Eon Core update is tentatively targeted for Q1 release, Eon Steel in Q2.
Genesis (Sherwood) Centauri is a $300 wrist top running Buhlmann, 3 conservative settings, rechargeable.
I can't find anything out there for the Centauri, do know of any information?

I can't find anything out there for the Centauri, do know of any information?
Not available yet, but hoping to ship soon. No idea who makes it, and haven't gotten a manual yet. Other unique features are a hibernate mode, and a zoom function to display just 3 key measures in larger numbers on the small wrist display when needed.

Hi @JackD342

I take it back, I see it on the Genesis website, not many details. Interestingly, up until now, Genesis computers have been manufactured by Pelagic Pressure Systems and have run DSAT. I wonder if this is actually ZH-L16C with preset GFs or if it is PZ+, also on PPS computers, and said to be based on Buhlmann. Thanks for the information, I guess we will see. I have thought that there would be a market for a inexpensive rec computer running "standard" presets, 35/75, 40/85. 45/95.

Back
Top Bottom