Departure Tax?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure but your best bet is to take the amount of the tax and put it aside and if it is included in your ticket then get yourself a nice meal if it isn't well then you were ready for it

Think what is written here makes super sense. You may, as others have noted, find the tax has been folded into the ticket price and is shown as a line item on your itinerary. BUT, what's your recourse if when you get to the airport they say it isn't for whatever reason?

You pull out your ticket and show them that is is paid. Really...this is now a uniform policy. As of a certain date (that part I don't remember), all tickets include departure tax. It's not a "some do, some don't" kind of thing. This should be a non-issue.

Thanks everyone for the responses. On my ticket all it says its taxes but it seems to be much higher than my domestic flight that I have on Friday so I am assuming the higher amount is for the departure tax. I was planning on taking the amount anyway, but it would be nice knowing before. I do see that as of 2/15 it is supposed to be included but even on this board I see both answers happening.

Yes...those taxes include the departure tax and that's why they're higher. This is not an individual airline policy - it's a policy that was implemented as part of the departure at Roatan's airport, along with other security updates.

We have flown in and out of Roatan twice this year. Both times the departure tax was part of the ticket.

If you look closely at your receipt it should have two lines that read as follows:
D1 32.47
D2 13.50
These are the departure taxes for Roatan:) If your receipt doesn't have that then no yours aren't paid in advance:( My tickets are on United.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom