Dewalt 9AH Batteries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well... his battery pack has 30 cells and, I think, is a 15 Ah pack. The cells in my Genesis are $5.50 each, in a quantity of 30. So, $165 for that pack, plus a Bluetooth BMS, the other miscellaneous bits, and, of course, you need the spot welder. I'd guess, if you already have the tools, that pack would be roughly $215-ish in materials.

I guess you'd need 40 cells for a 20Ah pack for a BlackTip Tech. So, $220 plus plus. Maybe $270-ish, all in?
Wow that's a lot more bang for your buck

I'm in contact with a factory in China (where else) which supplies batteries to the small EV market. They are VERY well respected in the motorcycle EV conversion world, who push batteries far harder than we ever will. They will customize a pack in whatever way is physically possible.
I've ordered a set to replace the ones in a used Genesis 1200. The new ones will be 1kg less and 1500wh plus should maintain the ability to charge without opening the scooter and also have bluetooth BMS.
I expect them in mid January (slow boat shipping is much less). When I have some miles on them I'll do a full review.

Before then the company is Amorge. Cost for the pair shipped was $460usd.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom