Did you upgrade your iPhone to iOS 6?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DMDavid

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Upgraded my iPhone 4s to iOS 6 last night and once again I am truly impressed with all the new features.
One of my favorite NEW features is the Text back to caller function and the Panoramic pictures.

What are some of your favorite features and what do you think of the new iOS?

Blackberry and Droids need not respond.:no:

Last edited:
Lol I have had those features for 2 or 3 versions :popcorn:

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

iCloud tabs, shared photostream, Facebook integration throughout, do not disturb.

And before the Apple haters say "I've had that forever", I've used other OS's heavily (I worked in wireless and have plenty of contacts to try gadgets), none work as smoothly as the Apple integration.

Yes, Apple Maps currently sucks, but I never used Google Maps anyway.

Just updated this morning after reading an article on yahoo. So far so good but have not tried or found everything yet. I did not have a 4s so I don't know if I am limited. I thought Siri was included but I can't find it. What is this text back to caller feature to speak of??

What is this text back to caller feature to speak of??
The Text back to caller is a feature that allows you to send a predetermined text to a caller when you're not in a position to accept a call.

Click Here for more info.

yeah iOS 6 is awesome on the 4S...now just waiting for my iPhone5 to get here so the upgrade will be complete :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PADI Rescue/DM 09100Z7445
Dr Dive/Wet Dream/Sea Cobra/Y-Knot

Diving is my passion...I live to dive!

I have enjoyed os6 so far the only thing that I have noticed is when I get a call after listening to music and unplugging the headphones to pause the music when I hang up the music starts playing out of the phones speakers.

I have enjoyed os6 so far the only thing that I have noticed is when I get a call after listening to music and unplugging the headphones to pause the music when I hang up the music starts playing out of the phones speakers.

that's not new to iOS6, my iPhone's been doing it since the original

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PADI Rescue/DM 09100Z7445
Dr Dive/Wet Dream/Sea Cobra/Y-Knot

Diving is my passion...I live to dive!

The upgrade is nice.
Best feature: text back caller
Other feature that will be awesome if there is uptake: passbook. Right now it is useless but this will improve as retailers target the Apple crowd.
Awesome features that still need to be improved: do not disturb (for heaven's sake why block phone calls but allow my phone to ping with incoming texts and email notifications?), maps (enough said) and Siri.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom