Difference between tec and rec fundies cards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BarryNL

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Out of interest, what's the difference between tec and rec pass fundies cards, given that it doesn't specifically say either on the card ; or is this just something GUE keeps a record of?

On the back of my tech pass card, which I received in August of 2007:

"Comments: Trained in skill refinement, doubles, primary light, & 32% Nitrox."

I would assume that rec pass cards wouldn't mention anything about doubles or primary light, but I can't tell you for sure since I've never seen one.

My fundies card just says "Comments: trained in skill refinement"

As far as I can tell, the comments line is not at all standardized; and looks like something that somebody just types in. I've seen typos in these.

It's a moot point (unless you want to whip it out at a party to impress your friends), since if you sign up for a cave or tech class, the C1/T1 instructor is going to just pull your file... which will have all the gory details in it.

And my card, which I got at the rec pass level (while Rob's was at the tech pass level) looks exactly the same as Rob's, with the exact same comments. So I look just as cool when I whip mine out at a party.

When Rob whips his out, do you whip out yours too?! :11:

On the back of my tech pass card, which I received in August of 2007:

"Comments: Trained in skill refinement, doubles, primary light, & 32% Nitrox."

I would assume that rec pass cards wouldn't mention anything about doubles or primary light, but I can't tell you for sure since I've never seen one.

Mine says "Allows the bearer to pontificate on the internet."

What's this about getting a card after taking DIR-F? I thought it was just an experience course.

What's this about getting a card after taking DIR-F? I thought it was just an experience course.

Cards and badges are the only true measure of a diver.

badge.jpg

hey, every c-card you have adds a few centimeters to your.. wallet. right?
the best divers have the biggest wallets, after all.

(in a more serious vein, I was under the impression that the rec pass allows you to show your card to do a dive, while a tec pass is basically a green light to go ahead with more intensive training. And that it's not the card that matters since they do have your file, but rather your status.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom