Differences in ScubaPro Second Stages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quite possibly, similar amounts of sand came out of the AFC and the air barrel had mild corrosion despite Atomic’s Zirconium plating.
Interesting that Zeagle had an IP spike despite being environmentally sealed and internals protected from debris.

The Zeagle had very massive abuse it seems dragged in the current between coral, rocks, sand, etc. I don't think that "environmental sealing" is meant to deal with this abuse.

The F8 is top notch gear, it does have the atomic style seat saver so bouncing around unpressurized “may” have allowed sand to get inside and damage the seat but overall the sealing worked as designed.

@stuartv

I just remembered that you are CCR certified and own your own unit, why and when do you switch to using OC kit instead of ccr?

I dive OC when I'm teaching. I'm not a CCR instructor (yet), so standards do not allow me to do any teaching while diving my CCR. When I CAN dive CCR, I dive CCR.

Back
Top Bottom