Different brands BP and Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Even on the new version of the wing? The newer ones have longer slots than the old one. I had issues with the old wing on my zeagle express tech but I think the new version would fit fine.
I was able to fit the newer Hog 32# wing on my Hollis SS BP, because of the longer slots. I even used bolts to hold the wing onto the bp.

---------- Post added May 30th, 2014 at 01:01 AM ----------

Thanks guys! Got a pretty good deal on a hollis SS BP and harness and wanted to get the hog wing for my first BP&W setup.
Did you happen to find that deal on eBay?:wink:

May I ask how you know?

I was looking to buy the hog wing to save a bit of money over the hollis but if I'm required to buy a STA I might as well get the hollis wing.

I have the HOG wing and Hollis ali plate. SS plate and Ali plate should have the same holes & slots.

Yes they will. But you will need an STA as the slots in the plate and wing meant for the tank bands do not line up.

Do you have a pic perhaps? If this is true (and you have the new version wing) it means HOG changed the wing as the 32 used to have nice long slots that lined up just fine with the Hollis plates.

I mix and match, but carefully. Some wings do not have long enough slits for the tank bands

Yes they will. But you will need an STA as the slots in the plate and wing meant for the tank bands do not line up.

I agree with this as I have a Hollis BP and had the Hog wings when they just came out. The bands did not line up at all. Don't know about the newer wings.

Did you happen to find that deal on eBay?:wink:

Yes... from a guy named Erik who also happens to live in the Bronx... small world ey?

I've decided to just go with the HOG wing. Even if I do need to get the STA at least I'll have extra stability and weight.

Yes... from a guy named Erik who also happens to live in the Bronx... small world ey?

I've decided to just go with the HOG wing. Even if I do need to get the STA at least I'll have extra stability and weight.

Btw mine are the new wings with the red sides. The old ones were all black. They will not line up.

HOG has light STAs as well. I got the light ones as I normally have to fly to dive.

Just a tip though. If I could choose over again I would buy a Frog Indigo wing instead. Awesome wing, balance, design and great quality too. Where I live they don't cost much more than HOG.

Even on the new version of the wing? The newer ones have longer slots than the old one. I had issues with the old wing on my zeagle express tech but I think the new version would fit fine.

The tank band cutouts on the plate are narrower than the slots in the wing, so the problem isn't the length, but the width spacing between the slots (if that makes sense) not lining up.

I guess you could probably force it to fit if you really wanted to, but the fitting is not ideal as it will probably damage the rubber on the wing in the long run.

---------- Post added May 31st, 2014 at 10:24 AM ----------

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom