DIN / YOKE adapter in Utila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brgc

Registered
Reaction score
Hi again. :D

As I mentioned in a previous thread , me and my wife will go to Utila on mid march and will take with us our equipment but our regs are DIN. My question is if anybody knows if the operators there have DIN to YOKE adapters so we can use our regs , or do we have to buy ours here?

THX

I think a DIN/Yoke converter is for your reg, not for a tank. At least mine are.

:confused:

Of course but my question is if the diving operators in Utila would have these adapters for us people that have DIN regs

If your regs are currently DIN, then you should bring your own DIN-to-yoke adapters, too. Purchase them before your trip. I got a couple for $5 each at a local used scuba gear sale. You can buy them online new for $30-$80 each. You don't necessarily need to get the spin-on adapter that your reg manufacturer sells -- DIN is a standard fitting, so any manufacturer's converters should work.

Securing DIN-to-yoke adapters before you leave for your trip will save you a lot of time/effort tracking them down at your dive destination. The vast majority of rental tanks that I've encountered at warm water dive destinations are AL80s with K (yoke) valves.

Newer tank valves are of the convertible DIN/yoke variety and use an insert that screws into the DIN fitting to make it function like a K valve. I have yet to see these nifty valves pop up in significant numbers in Hawaii, Bonaire, or Cozumel. Perhaps with time, we may see more of this. For now, I'd plan on the tank valves being regular old K valves. I have no idea what the tank situation is in Utila.

Alternatively, you could fully convert your DIN regulators to yoke for your dive trip. It's a very easy change if you have the appropriate parts.

Good luck.

Hi nabo!

I have the same problem as you have, with a DIN regulator. I bought an adapter at home and I always bring when I travel. It wasn't expensive, but I don't remember exactly how much it was. So get one before you leave. Better to be safe than sorry.

Hi nabo!

I have the same problem as you have, with a DIN regulator. I bought an adapter at home and I always bring when I travel. It wasn't expensive, but I don't remember exactly how much it was. So get one before you leave. Better to be safe than sorry.

Those are really cheap 25-35$ and can be found from almost every store

Thank you all .
I guess we are buying the adapters before our trip. We have seen them at my local dive shop and even in a local normal sports shop.
Takk igjen!!!

We do have on Utila, and for sale $60-80.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom