Dining in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wonder-- there was a place in Dania I LOVED called Tug Boat Annie's. I have taken MANY a date there for after drinks and a bite. It closed years ago-- Is this the same people... did they move it to the Keys??? Anyone know?
No, they are totally different establishments. The last management of Dania's Tugboats ran it abysmally...it was so bad that my former spouse and I actually called the owners to complain. You know what we complained about? The manager was screaming at and mistreating his employers and we were disgusted by it. They closed soon after, never to re-open. Too bad, such a fun place (before that jerk took it over).

PS-- WHile I am hijacking this into a Hollywood / Dania thread is the little bar still on the beach called "Le Tub" that was another date night bar I would go to... great setting there..
Le Tub is so much fun especially watching the palmetto bugs march in formation while you're waiting for dinner. It's really hard to get a table in there anymore, they got too popular for their own good.

TO THE Keys-- Loved the Mile Marker 88!! -- Stone crab claws and Steak GREAT time
I LOVE Marker88, just ate there the Saturday after Christmas, as a matter of fact. A personal favorite!

Did I miss it below? HOBO's is one of the best places to eat in Key Largo, on any budget. The family run restaurant is fun, the staff is warm, and the food great. Might have a bit of wait on the weekend, but its worth it. Wait times throughout key largo are minimal now with the great economy.

Did I miss it below? HOBO's is one of the best places to eat in Key Largo, on any budget. The family run restaurant is fun, the staff is warm, and the food great. Might have a bit of wait on the weekend, but its worth it. Wait times throughout key largo are minimal now with the great economy.

HOBO's is consistently inconsistent....

Yeah, let's see, the last time we ate there, they asked us to change tables after we'd already been seated and had been served beverages and ordered food and appetizers because a large group came in and they needed to combine our table with an open one adjacent to us. Okay, that's not really such a big deal, except,,,,,,

We then had a new server and our appetizers never appeared. When I questioned where they were, we were told our food was ready to come out so I said skip the appetizers, just bring lunch. Almost as if they were trying to annoy me, my lunch order was "lost" (I'd ordered a lunch special, a lemon-pepper grouper sandwich). So they they put a new order in for me. When it came out, everyone else was just about finished and my fish was way under-cooked. At this point, I asked for the manager to come over and had my meal removed from the bill and I grabbed something to go from Arby's..... I won't go back, there's lot's of places with competent wait staff that will get my money first.

That's too bad. Hobo's was one of my favorites when they were next door to Kelly's. I haven't tried them since they moved...and probably won't, because there are just so many other choices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom