DIR "Approved Equipment" ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From looking at the specs online, the 3k wouldn't be at all appropriate for single tank use. It has far too much lift (55 pounds), is U-shaped instead of donut-shaped, and is far too wide. The Eclipse is a better single tank wing.

I've been reading quite abit on this site-- I dont post often. One reason why is that I have found that some of the "DIR" experts or even divers only claim to be DIR when it is convenent..

One example is this post (I will leave out the persons name-as this is not a flame):
"I'm not even DIR, how can I give DIR a bad name?"

Now a month later that same person is giving DIR advice... How can that be? To those of you seeking true DIR advice be careful who you ask or who you even bother reading.

Because you are either DIR or your not- and if you are not you dont get to give advice on the subject. So please (you know who you are) pick a side.

some poeple covert from anti-DIR to DIR after taking the DIR-Fundamentals class. have you check the date of those posts?

Rob_Robscott:
I've been reading quite abit on this site-- I dont post often. One reason why is that I have found that some of the "DIR" experts or even divers only claim to be DIR when it is convenent..

One example is this post (I will leave out the persons name-as this is not a flame):
"I'm not even DIR, how can I give DIR a bad name?"

Now a month later that same person is giving DIR advice... How can that be? To those of you seeking true DIR advice be careful who you ask or who you even bother reading.

Because you are either DIR or your not- and if you are not you dont get to give advice on the subject. So please (you know who you are) pick a side.

Yes like I said one month ago--- Wow full conversion- in one month! Thats some punch they give at those F classes. Cool, now only if I havent been diving this way for ten years I could drink some magic punch too!

Thanks again

Rob_Robscott:
Yes like I said one month ago--- Wow full conversion- in one month! Thats some punch they give at those F classes. Cool, now only if I havent been diving this way for ten years I could drink some magic punch too!

Thanks again
When I take the DIR-F class, I'll be sure to change my screen name for you.:wink:

Rob_Robscott:

Thanks again

one doesn't become a DIR diver over one weekend, but indeed starts to understand what DIR diving is. I took a class twice. am I a DIR diver? no. But, would I dive any other way now? hell no. so, in this case, my values are definitely aimed at DIR now. however, I can't proclaim myself a DIR diver as my skills are not anywhere they need to be in order to move forward in my diving "career".

on a second note, I really wish people would stop wasting their time arguing about this "kool aid" thing. If you take the class, you will be surprised that there is none of that. I have never heard any of my instructors call anyone a stroke or that we have to drink cool-aids (I Gatorade is good for you though between the dives! :11ztongue ).

Too salty for my tastes.

I respect what you said. However I was not refering ot you. For the most part, divers around here are pritty consistent in what they proclaim, there are a few that will not take a stand either way. They say one thing in one section and something totaly oposite in another. They just lose their credibility with me. I know I should just deal with it, and I will put said people on my ignore list. However, I am concerned about the new divers asking said posers for advice. This wouldnt be a problem if the others on this board slamed them on it when they mis-speak-- But for the most part they dont.

Anyways thanks again for reading my rant.

Hey Rob when I was a kid there was this pro skate boarder by that name, anyways
I have complained about this same issue, with no avail. Just suck it up and deal with it. I ignore the "posers". works fine for me. There are other more serrous DIR boards out there-- PM me if you want the adress.

Later Officer-- thanks for going the crappy job for us civies.

Hey by the way I am sure he was just kidding about he punch stuff--right? I read it as tongue and cheek as I tease about the punch stuff too. But keep it light and be happy!

I have learned to take everything with a grain of salt unless it's coming directly from JJ or MHK or others, and even then, I question them on that; the BIG difference is that they usually give you an answer, where others give you an opinion.

respect. :approve_2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom