DIR / DIR Curious Shore Dive Event - October 9th - Final Planning / Details

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Nicole,

I will be joining you guys on the 9th. Please let me know what I can bring for the scuba logistics. Tanks, weights and weight belts, Halcyon infinity systems (single or doubles). Hollywoodivers is graciously lending the equipment for this event. I do need a list of items though. I am flying in from Switzerland on the 8th, but I can stop by the shop to pick stuff up. Also Steve Millington can help me out.

Cheers,

Karim

Here's a weather swing I can get behind.

Saturday
blank.gif

blank.gif

32.gif

Sunny High
82°F

On top of that, the swell model looks nice! :D

100910SwellPrediction.jpg

Wonder what the water quality is going to be like after all this rain...

Nicole and I were just talking about that. At least it's been pretty light. As long as it clears up a day or two before, should be ok. Fingers crossed!

Y'know, even if we don't get to dive, this will be a successful event. Naturally it would be better if we could get in the water, but the primary draw for me is the opportunity to talk to DIR divers, see their gear, talk to instructors, learn about what going DIR actually would mean for me in terms of training, cost, benefits, drawbacks, what behaviors I'll need to change etc. I've learned so much already just from getting the questions that I posted in here answered, but I really need to see it - see how the gear fits, works, learn the lingo, get a feel for whether or not I really want to go this route. Hard to get that just from online discussions.

So we'll be there, regardless of the conditions. :D

Y'know, even if we don't get to dive, this will be a successful event. Naturally it would be better if we could get in the water, but the primary draw for me is the opportunity to talk to DIR divers, see their gear, talk to instructors, learn about what going DIR actually would mean for me in terms of training, cost, benefits, drawbacks, what behaviors I'll need to change etc. I've learned so much already just from getting the questions that I posted in here answered, but I really need to see it - see how the gear fits, works, learn the lingo, get a feel for whether or not I really want to go this route. Hard to get that just from online discussions.

So we'll be there, regardless of the conditions. :D

Lee Ann, you are going to really get a lot out of the weekend. I have not learned so much in th epast few months, as i have learned in the 3years of diving i have under my belt. You have an Instructor Bob Sherwood who is one of the best, in the business. Then you have Steve Millington, who was trained by Bob, so i am assuming he is a great Instructor also. I took my fundies with bob this summer in July and it has changed my approach to diving 100%. Go this weekend and enjoy yourself, hope to see and hear about your Fundies report down the road someday, keith

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom