DIR / DIR Curious Shore Dive Event - October 9th - Final Planning / Details

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Y'know, even if we don't get to dive, this will be a successful event. Naturally it would be better if we could get in the water, but the primary draw for me is the opportunity to talk to DIR divers, see their gear, talk to instructors, learn about what going DIR actually would mean for me in terms of training, cost, benefits, drawbacks, what behaviors I'll need to change etc. I've learned so much already just from getting the questions that I posted in here answered, but I really need to see it - see how the gear fits, works, learn the lingo, get a feel for whether or not I really want to go this route. Hard to get that just from online discussions.

So we'll be there, regardless of the conditions. :D

I was hoping that would be the general consensus! Of course, it would be ideal if we can get in the water and do a dive or two....but if not, there will be plenty of food, lots of fun people, and the opportunity to clear up any questions one might have.

We did an event similar to this back in August....surf was big and a number of us said, "Ummm, no thanks....I'll stay right where I am!" We spent 13 hours that day hanging out with friends, eating food, and playing games. It will be fun regardless.

*fingers crossed for diving*

Y'know, even if we don't get to dive, this will be a successful event. Naturally it would be better if we could get in the water, but the primary draw for me is the opportunity to talk to DIR divers, see their gear, talk to instructors, learn about what going DIR actually would mean for me in terms of training, cost, benefits, drawbacks, what behaviors I'll need to change etc. I've learned so much already just from getting the questions that I posted in here answered, but I really need to see it - see how the gear fits, works, learn the lingo, get a feel for whether or not I really want to go this route. Hard to get that just from online discussions.

So we'll be there, regardless of the conditions. :D

Can I just stand next to you, you've got all the questions down.

I'm with you Venom :D

The Fire Department called yesterday afternoon. Looks like I will be working Saturday. Wish I could be there instead.

FYI, I just learned that the bp/w systems that will be provided are Halcyon Infinity's. They have pockets for soft weights. So, for those of you planning to dive the bp/w's (four, per my count), let me know how much weight you need (if any) and I'll make sure that we have soft weight available for you.

We can discuss the pros and cons between this bp/w and the ones that the majority of us dive (there are some differences that are worth considering...).

FYI, I just learned that the bp/w systems that will be provided are Halcyon Infinity's. They have pockets for soft weights. So, for those of you planning to dive the bp/w's (four, per my count), let me know how much weight you need (if any) and I'll make sure that we have soft weight available for you.

We can discuss the pros and cons between this bp/w and the ones that the majority of us dive (there are some differences that are worth considering...).

Cool. I have been interested in looking at the Halcyon Infinity system in person for some time now.

Can I just stand next to you, you've got all the questions down.

OK since I plan on getting there early I will talk Nicole's ear off the first half of the day. Then she is yours for the rest of the day!

I'm always happy to answer questions :D

There will be lots of other friendly, experienced divers as well (plus five instructors!). I want for everyone to get every question answerd....don't be shy!

Hi everyone! I just loaded up my car, and I'm ready to go in the morning. We're leaving here around 7:15 am, and it's a 97 mile drive for us, so we should be there by 9:00. But if we're not, I'm hoping you can start the first dive a little late to wait for us. :) I'm bringing two tanks in hopes we're able to get in two dives.

Anyone have any idea what the conditions are like right now?

Back
Top Bottom