DIR style single tank package?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ESQ

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anybody know of an outfit that sells a complete DIR style single tank regulator and hose setup? I just hate the idea of tossing out hoses to replace them with the lengths that I want.

Needs to be a cold water system, DIN, etc.

Appreciate the feedback.

HOG regs are sold without hoses. You get to select whatever length and hose type you want.
I suspect that Halcyon would probably sell you their Scubapro re-branded regs with DIR-length hoses.

Personally, I think it's kind of nice to have a backup reg hose in your save-a-dive kit. The original hoses can be used for that.

Alternatively, you could sell the original reg hoses to help defray the cost of the new DIR-length hoses.

Apeks DS4 with XTX50, one of 5' hose and one on 22' hose. Sealed 1st stage. Down the road, pair it up with another DS4 and you have a nice doubles rig. E-bay the extra hoses.

Apeks DS4 with XTX50, one of 5' hose and one on 22' hose. Sealed 1st stage. Down the road, pair it up with another DS4 and you have a nice doubles rig. E-bay the extra hoses.

22ft hose? You missed April 1st!

usually you can buy the 1st and 2nd stages as separate items so you don't pay for the hoses and the pretty box they come in. Then you can buy your hoses. But it's not a bad idea, as others have said, to have extra hoses in your kit. Might not ever save your dive, but it can save someone else's.

Cheers.
VI

Mess around with scuba long enough and you'll be knee deep in hoses. I certainly don't throw them away but I don't bring them along either. I do bring a spare regulator set.

Richard

Found an Apeks set on dirdirect with the hose lengths that I wanted

:D

XTX50, DS4, and the proper hose lengths for a good price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom