Dir, utd, wtf?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you answer the question about what UTD suggests for 2 hour cave dives at 70ft deep? I felt I got a poor response in the classroom forum, any chance it could be cleared up?

RD 1:1 ratio is for dives in range of 80-170ft with bottom times 10-120 min, so it's not really included in that range. If it's not covered by RD, use deco software of your choice. If it is covered by RD, use deco software of your choice to validate results.

And yeah, RD is not always arriving with optimal answers. But that is the sacrifice we are willing to accept for a sake of simplicity and we do make sure that if anything it errs on conservative side.

No one in UTD claims that RD has all the answers and should be the only decompression method used. I'm not sure where did you got that impression. One of our instructors, George is actually successfully selling iPhone deco app.

More like once you're diving at this level there's no point in running to JJ or AG and taking a "class" on how to do it.

I think its more like buying 2 weeks of diving with JJ and picking his brain, rather than a structured course...

I think its more like buying 2 weeks of diving with JJ and picking his brain, rather than a structured course...

Seems like it, although there's just the one course report to go on.

Apparently Danny is a C3 instructor and even wrote some of the standards, but has never taught it. Pretty limited demand I imagine

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom