DIR Videos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BClendening

Contributor
Reaction score
After downloading and watching DIR III, I'm curious to see if anyone has the DIR I and II? Once I graduate I'd like to move to Florida and take some of the GUE classes and I found the video very informative. Thanks.

Well, Perrone was going to host them, but JJ requested he take them down. I believe they are simply so out of date that GUE really doesn't want to promote them.

DIR IV is available for purchase.

Yea, pretty much.

I can understand why, but it smacks of "1984" or "Brave New World" (I can't remember which. High school was many, many beers ago)that describes a society that tries to control the direction of thinking through censorship. That's what this reminds me of.

Shame JJ. Shame.

What?

Dude, it's a diving video on the internet... Come on.

The guy that owns them prefers not to have them displayed publicaly right now. There is nothing Orwellian, or 1984 about that. This is not the government, and JJ is not controlling all you see and hear.

I can understand why, but it smacks of "1984" or "Brave New World" (I can't remember which. High school was many, many beers ago)that describes a society that tries to control the direction of thinking through censorship. That's what this reminds me of.

Shame JJ. Shame.

If it was just a diving video on the internet why did they deny permission for you to post them? It's not like they're still getting money from selling them.

Perhaps the Orwellian analogy was over the top but it sounds like he's trying to sweep them under the rug when there is stuff in the videos that can demonstrate how DIR is a constantly changing thing.

And yes, JJ is controlling what I want to see. I would like to see the DIR2 video again. I would like to see the DIR 1 video again. However the tapes that I bought and paid for met their fate years ago and I would like to have had the chance to see them again. But JJ says no. Sounds like control to me.

torrents

And yes, JJ is controlling what I want to see. I would like to see the DIR2 video again. I would like to see the DIR 1 video again. However the tapes that I bought and paid for met their fate years ago and I would like to have had the chance to see them again. But JJ says no. Sounds like control to me.

Call him (386) 454-8158

After downloading and watching DIR III, I'm curious to see if anyone has the DIR I and II? Once I graduate I'd like to move to Florida and take some of the GUE classes and I found the video very informative. Thanks.

Can you provide the link? Are these for purchase then download, or free etc. Never heard to much from GUE to be free, but some of the videos are great for trainers.

I have the three DVD set from GI3 & JJ, and the series from the 5thd-x set. Seems like the DIR series were DIR 2004 if I'm correct. I've never heard of DIR I, II, III, IV if someone could point the latest link out.

The 5thd-X series were the best Ive seen yet, compared to the home videos sold by GI3. Aside from the content, those were the worst videos imaginable as far as production goes. If the "IV" video is a addition to these three, I sincerely hope they took the time to practice better home shooting and improved the war stories.

Thanks,

Kenny

First off, thanks for all the replies. I'll have to look into DIR IV.

Can you provide the link? Are these for purchase then download, or free etc. Never heard to much from GUE to be free, but some of the videos are great for trainers.

I have the three DVD set from GI3 & JJ, and the series from the 5thd-x set. Seems like the DIR series were DIR 2004 if I'm correct. I've never heard of DIR I, II, III, IV if someone could point the latest link out.

The 5thd-X series were the best Ive seen yet, compared to the home videos sold by GI3. Aside from the content, those were the worst videos imaginable as far as production goes. If the "IV" video is a addition to these three, I sincerely hope they took the time to practice better home shooting and improved the war stories.

Thanks,

Kenny

Kenny, the video I was referring to is here.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom