DIR Videos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you provide the link? Are these for purchase then download, or free etc.

As reported earlier in the thread, Perrone was going to host them but JJ said no.

Never heard to much from GUE to be free, but some of the videos are great trainers.

These weren't GUE videos. DIR 1 predates GUE. If I recall correctly we bought the tape from WKPP as they were being sold as a fundraiser for the project. DIR 2 came out after GUE's inception however it was still a GIII production like DIR 1. I don't recall JJ being in it at all, although he might have been. It was sold through the GUE store but the proceeds were still directed towards the WKPP project.

I've got a 3-CD set that someone gave me a few years back. Don't recall which one it was, but it looked like someone's home video (JJ and GI3 sitting in a garage, talking). It's the one that folks affectionately refer to George as "the plum smuggler" ... :shocked2:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Yeah, the content was good - barring the war stories. Too bad a lil more thought was not placed with the presentation method.

Kenny

I did a couple videos for high school English projects. If anyone wanted to post a copy on YouTube, I would pay them money not to.

Tom

I've got a 3-CD set that someone gave me a few years back. Don't recall which one it was, but it looked like someone's home video (JJ and GI3 sitting in a garage, talking). It's the one that folks affectionately refer to George as "the plum smuggler" ... :shocked2:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I think all of them had GI3 sitting with people in his garage, with passing traffic noise punctuating the conversation :) And the plum thing pretty much applies to all the videos I've seen too.

IIRC, the one with JJ and GI3 on the couch was DIR 2004? It came in this super-slick DVD packaging showing the splendors of the Florida caves. And when you hit play, it's two guys sitting on a couch with a boom mike intruding into the frame every few seconds.

Luckily, they did a much better job on the production values for the Mysterious Malady DVD. That one's really good.

Haha, I have that one too and it puts me to sleep faster than a double dose of Ambien. I don't recall once making it through the whole DVD. No doubt that its better made.

Kenny

I think all of them had GI3 sitting with people in his garage, with passing traffic noise punctuating the conversation :)

Love the part in DIR 3 where George gives the guy honking at them a nasty look. I half expected him to bolt offscreen and run after the guy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom