DIR, WKPP, GUE, and Halcyon Part 1 of 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was wondering how long you guys were going to let that stay here...

Good Call...

See what I get for actually diving? :)

Welcome Mr. Main. Looking forward to "the real deal."

Genesis once bubbled...
See what I get for actually diving? :)

Welcome Mr. Main. Looking forward to "the real deal."

Wish I would have been diving rather than working this weekend. You did miss a good one though. Sort of disappointed it got pulled off. I thought it was relavent to the argument so far. Just a bit of a personal attack though on Mr. Main.

...disappointed it got pulled off.
The posting of emails is usualy considered a big no-no.
In any case, the post didn't contain any constructive commentary, it was just plain rude.
Overall I'm impressed the thread managed to stay as well mannered as its been, considering the topic.:wink:

Well, its still up on the deco stop.

Bob3 once bubbled...
The posting of emails is usualy considered a big no-no.
In any case, the post didn't contain any constructive commentary, it was just plain rude.
Overall I'm impressed the thread managed to stay as well mannered as its been, considering the topic.:wink:

Yeah,

You are probably right...I was a bit surprised at the tone when I first read it. I do try to stay off the topics like this one, since I don't really have the knowledge to post intelligently, although I do read them with a keen interest.

they are usually intended for a single audience... not public consumption and they are too easily edited. Consequently, they give you a skewed idea of what the writer really meant. Any criticism should come directly from the person who wants to give it. If they don't have time to be on the board, then I don't have the inclination to read it.

NetDoc once bubbled...
If GI3 wants to post here he can do so as long as he complies with the TOS. Consequently, the offending post has been cut and NO, William Main did not ask me to do that.

I extend a hearty Scubaboard welcome to both Jarrod and "Hogarth" and hope that they post here often!!!

Net Doc,
Not a problem. Thank you for correcting my error. Please except my apoligies
CC

cornfed once bubbled...
Please feel free to clear up any misconceptions or inaccuracies posted by JJ.

I don't pretend to speak for anyone else, but these aren't hard to find.

It was Bill Gavin that first promoted the term Hogarthian (a term people seize upon in a naïve attempt to brow beat DIR). In some ways, the whole thing was a bit of a joke in so far as Bill Main (while certainly a significant part of the history) could lay no more claim to the group’s (WKPP, inserted by Scuba ) meticulous focus on equipment than any of its other members

From: The Hogarthian Gear Configuration by Jarrod Jablonski

The Hogarthian Style has many minor variations, yet its focus asserts a policy of minimalism. In other words, if it is not needed, it is a potential liability. The Hogarthian style strives to eliminate the unnecessary while configuring the necessary in the most streamlined manner possible. Named for it's founding father, William Hogarth Main, the Hogarthian style is constantly being improved and refined.

Perhaps the most extreme group of Hogarthian divers remains the Woodville Karst Plain Divers (WKPP), a group that has received considerable press (good and bad) for their dedication to the Hogarthian style.

As for "clearing up", its not my mess.

Scuba once bubbled...

I don't pretend to speak for anyone else, but these aren't hard to find.

From: The Hogarthian Gear Configuration by Jarrod Jablonski

As for "clearing up", its not my mess.

Just curious when did JJ write "The Hogarthian Gear Configuration?"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom