Dir?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm sorry, but if you or anyone else was insulted... it was due to your own inferiority complex.

I said all along - my statements did not apply to all DIR divers... so go back and read if you're capable. If you were insulted - it must have been because you knew they applied to you. Guilty consciences always become defensive. and since I know everyone else here can read and quite possibly read my posts word for word - they will all have to agree. I never attacked the DIR philosophy nor all DIR divers.

That is clear and certain.

:popcorn::popcorn: Butter and salt please! Oh and a cold Mountain Dew!

By the way, I have read your statements and you were inflammatory. And if you read the replies to your statements, then there is no way you can say everyone agrees that you were playing nice.

I'm sorry, but if you or anyone else was insulted... it was due to your own inferiority complex.

I said all along - my statements did not apply to all DIR divers... so go back and read if you're capable. If you were insulted - it must have been because you knew they applied to you. Guilty consciences always become defensive. and since I know everyone else here can read and quite possibly read my posts word for word - they will all have to agree. I never attacked the DIR philosophy nor all DIR divers.

That is clear and certain.
It was more like you arrived with preconceived notions from something you might have read from '96 or so, invented some scenario in your mind to make it seem "more real" to everyone (note: it didn't work) and proceeded to lambaste all those "evil DIR types".

I've yet to meet a DIR diver that remotely fits your description. I haven't met them all, and I've certainly never met GI3, but based on my experiences I think you probably made the whole thing up and now are getting testy because you got called on it.

NudeDiver, what clothes??, right???......:D
When you're diving nude, you REALLY need to have the right "equipment" - otherwise, the other divers will laugh their asses off at your "configuration" :)

Well, there ya go.

I am far below you, I guess, because I still have the ability to learn from others, regardless of their experience or agency affiliation.

Ooof....quotes such as what the above is in response to, are often stories told of guys who end up deep inside some wreck dead.....and his peers scoffing "But he was an INSTRUCTOR"........

I shudder at those kinda comments, "My knowledge is more extensive than most" or "They have never taught me something new"

Just some friendly advice, statements like those can be ominous......Feel free anyone to PM me to discuss. I just don't wanna see anyone get hurt out there.

Whether I'm on a "fun" dive on a charter miles off Jersey, or while at work on a barge in the Gulf of Mexico, I ALWAYS have my eyes and ears open to learn something. Applies to a lot of things, including my job as a firefighter........thats what keeps us safe!

There are old divers and bold divers, but no old & bold divers!!!!

Ooof....quotes such as what the above is in response to, are often stories told of guys who end up deep inside some wreck dead.....and his peers scoffing "But he was an INSTRUCTOR"........

I shudder at those kinda comments, "My knowledge is more extensive than most" or "They have never taught me something new"

Just some friendly advice, statements like those can be ominous......Feel free anyone to PM me to discuss. I just don't wanna see anyone get hurt out there.

Whether I'm on a "fun" dive on a charter miles off Jersey, or while at work on a barge in the Gulf of Mexico, I ALWAYS have my eyes and ears open to learn something. Applies to a lot of things, including my job as a firefighter........thats what keeps us safe!

There are old divers and bold divers, but no old & bold divers!!!!

Don't worry. Offthewall carries his spare air, so he is safe.

Back
Top Bottom