Dir?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see this in a lot of posts...is it an acronym, brand, certification?

Yes. The acronym is Doing It Right, the brand is Halcyon and the certification is GUE.

:D

Actually, it is a method of diving originated by Global Underwater Explorers. Go to the DIR forum and read the stickies and all your questions will be answered... Start with this thread:http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/dir/44823-what-dir.html

It's much more than even that. :search:

If you are a new diver, or desire to become a diver, one of your issues will be the need to "weed out" good dive ideas from bad ones. If you are lucky enough to find a good dive instructor, they can help with this, but many people will not be this lucky. For you--as someone considering or desiring to get into diving, or who has just gotten into diving....DIR is a compendium of ideas which can help you to ask the right questions of your dive instructors and dive buddies, it can help you to be aware of important issues that you would otherwise miss...DIR for you, can help you get more out of whoever is helping and training you to become a diver.

And for the small percentage of bad instructors, it can help you spot them, so that you do not become a victim....( this is not an indictment of instructors, but rather of human beings--we do have bad humans among us--luckily the population of dive instructors appears to be far better humans than you would find in investment banking, or politics :)
Dan V

luckily the population of dive instructors appears to be far better humans than you would find in investment banking

Wait, what does GI3 do again? :D

stock broker... WAY different :p

It's a lot different...not that I am an expert in it. Think of it as diving with a different style of gear--a backplate wing rig, with a 7' primary reg hose, and the secondary reg bungied around your neck. There are books out there you can read, including online books...you just gotta go look!

It's a lot different...not that I am an expert in it. Think of it as diving with a different style of gear--a backplate wing rig, with a 7' primary reg hose, and the secondary reg bungied around your neck.

That's just describing a basic hogarthian setup (and not even that). DIR goes way beyond gear "style". A good place to start is by reading Cave Diver's sticky (linked above as well): http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/dir/44823-what-dir.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom