Direct flights to Coz airport in late July - early August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You could do an Open-Jaw: AUS-CUN, CZM-AUS, if the flights looked reasonable and fares appealing. Might not be worth it, but it is an option.

Or just take the CZM to CUN flight for $70.

You could do that with the Open-Jaw: AUS-CUN, CZM-AUS, not instead.

You could do that with the Open-Jaw: AUS-CUN, CZM-AUS, not instead.

That really wouldn't be an "open jaw", unless the AUS-CUN airline partners with the small CZM-AUS airline. If you buy your own ticket back to CUN, then all you're buying is a AUS-CUN round trip.

That really wouldn't be an "open jaw", unless the AUS-CUN airline partners with the small CZM-AUS airline. If you buy your own ticket back to CUN, then all you're buying is a AUS-CUN round trip.
Well, I misread your earlier post suggesting taking the puddle jumper from CZM to CUN. The Open-jaw ticket - Wikipedia is the AUS-CUN and CZM-AUS. How one gets from CUN to CZM is not involved in that ticket.

There is no point as I see in flying CZM-CUN if your main airline serves CZM. He had mentioned that flying to CUN to do the drag to Cozumel was not as bad as the drag back to CUN to fly home.

And for the record, there is no "small CZM-AUS airline." There may not be a CZM-CUN airline much longer.

Well, I misread your earlier post suggesting taking the puddle jumper from CZM to CUN. The Open-jaw ticket - Wikipedia is the AUS-CUN and CZM-AUS. How one gets from CUN to CZM is not involved in that ticket.

There is no point as I see in flying CZM-CUN if your main airline serves CZM. He had mentioned that flying to CUN to do the drag to Cozumel was not as bad as the drag back to CUN to fly home.

And for the record, there is no "small CZM-AUS airline." There may not be a CZM-CUN airline much longer.

Starting in April, my wife may take one of the legs, as Delta will only be servicing CZM on Saturdays. She hates the ferry. I have to admit, for $75 it saves a whole lot of time and for not a lot more money.

If the time were the only issue for me, the going there wouldn't be a big deal, but the bag drag returning home is a bummer.

Well, our typical departures out of PDX are between 5:00 am and 5:30 am. Uber picks us up at 3:00 am. We generally get to bed between 12 midnight and 1:00 am. So we arrive at the airport with 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hours of crappy quality sleep under our belts. The trip from CUN to the island is, well, pick your adjective ________________ and insert.
I'll start: arduous.

Toronto is my "local" airport (YYZ) so it is convenient for me.

Having said that, of the options mentioned above, I would lean very heavily in favor of flying Oslo - Toronto (or Montreal) - Cozumel. The big advantage of connecting through Toronto is that you will not have to deal with TSA. You will still have to clear customs, so no real advantage there, but I personally would rather deal with airport security in Toronto (or Montreal) than deal with TSA any day.

For those who are saying that the "bag-drag" isn't that bad, keep in mind that for most of you, you are basing that on flying out of the USA. The OP is from Oslo, so they will likely have just done a 8+ hour Trans-Atlantic flight (probably an overnight flight), so their frame of reference will be different.

We take too much equipje for that to be an option. Do what you like, but I'm flying into CZM and it's not because I don't know what the options are.

We take too much equipje for that to be an option. Do what you like, but I'm flying into CZM and it's not because I don't know what the options are.

That's what it needs to be about. Show newer people the options and let them decide.

Back
Top Bottom