DIRF Course Report March 22-25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeremy: Never trust anyone from the "Horsemen of the Apocalypse" Team :wink:

"Horsemen of the Apocalypse" has kind of a nice ring to it. "The Siltinators" sounds kind of, well, like a really bad rock band, or a bunch of OW students in Whytecliff park. Whoops, did I say that out loud? Must have been my outside voice.

Team Silt Out. You keep that "inators" crap to yourself :wink:

Bismark:
Then I was the Donor for the OOG ascent while Allan "Lungs" was the guy sucking off my long hose for the ascent.

pfft! COME ON!

Its never a good feeling to have both your posts shut off at once.

Unfortunately we didn't have a video camera for the course -- thanks to a mix up with the shipping, we had a beautiful shiny housing... with no camera in it. :shakehead

Ah...the memories. Dan has great one liners. They get better on Tech 1 :)

Congratulations to everyone involved. It is rare that everyone passes, I know that wasn't the case on either of my courses with Dan. Well done.

So, Bjorn, didn't I tell you you weren't going to have any serious problems with the class?

Sounds like you guys got a really good educational experience.

KMD and I went cavern diving with Danny Riordan today, and both of us came away saying, "Wow, now you really understand why they beat on us about the skills and the checklists and the teamwork . . ." Getting into the overhead puts thing in a somewhat different perspective.

smoritz0370:
Ah...the memories. Dan has great one liners. They get better on Tech 1 :)

Congratulations to everyone involved. It is rare that everyone passes, I know that wasn't the case on either of my courses with Dan. Well done.

Thanks! Dan said that ours was the first class of six he's ever taught where everyone passed. I think he was pretty happy with that. :)

TSandM:
So, Bjorn, didn't I tell you you weren't going to have any serious problems with the class?

Lynne, I still think you were just trying to jinx me :eyebrow:
I only wish I'd looked like I did when I was diving with you and Doug. Apparently I left most of my buoyancy skills at home during these 4 days. I don't know what happened, but I generally seemed to suck and silt up the place.

It's nice to see the where the bar is set. Even just going and "playing mule' for Dan while he's pulling up the line and hanging weights off your left D-ring is an experience. First, holy cow can that guy motor! Second, pin point precision in his stops while picking up the weights and reeling in the line.

<Edit> I think some of the other folks and Dan mentioned Danny and something regarding "high energy" :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom