Disadvantages of DIR ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lane Zimmer:
5 to flame the spell checkers
Correcting the spelling or grammer of someone's post has been a long standing faux pas. It's right up their with top-posting.

underwater daphne:
just coz this dir stuff sounds really strict and a bit overboard. ... just like a lot of this dir business i've read here.
The majority of what you read about DIR here is cloudy and muddled by flame wars, trolls and the occasional cyber diver. I assure you that there are reasons behind everything and suggest that you don't take what on the surface may appear overly ridge as the final word.

lairdb:
In fact, "light bulb" is a perfectly correct term... for the glass envelope. The correct term for the complete assembly is, in fact, "lamp".

Having clarified that, and mentioning only in passing that your use of an apostrophe in "URL's" is incorrect (since URL is neither posessive nor a contraction, but rather a plural form of the abbreviation "URL" and therefore properly "URLs" not "URL's") I believe it's appropraite to point out that your post is very similar in content to material found here and here.

I'm also fairly sure that you meant this to be a joke, and that it therefore belongs in the "Scuba Humor" forum.
It is in the Scuba Humor section. There was a multi-page thread that carried it into extremes, with plenty of Coke Alerts.

Since we're into technicalities, Learn to use the Search function!! :1poke:

Somtimes these threads read like a stream of consciousness...no make that unconsciousness...:D

If all of you uninitiated would simply join us...we won't criticize you anymore, you'll see the truth of the universe and be more attractive to others. Your pets will be friendlier, your children will excel in class and the neighborhood will be a better place. Resist if you must, we'll wait...

bwerb:
Somtimes these threads read like a stream of consciousness...no make that unconsciousness...:D

If all of you uninitiated would simply join us...we won't criticize you anymore, you'll see the truth of the universe and be more attractive to others. Your pets will be friendlier, your children will excel in class and the neighborhood will be a better place. Resist if you must, we'll wait...

I see we're still treating this as if its the humor section!!:)

The proper term is Horse Holing

noun: Horse Holl (hôrs hol)
1-A dead horse that has been beat down a rat hole.

verb: Horse Holed, Horse Holing
1-Beating a dead horse into an existing rat hole.
2-Creating a rat hole to beat a dead horse into.
3-The bloody mess of a dead horse which was beaten into a rat hole.

JimC:
The proper term is Horse Holing

noun: Horse Holl (hôrs hol)
1-A dead horse that has been beat down a rat hole.

verb: Horse Holed, Horse Holing
1-Beating a dead horse into an existing rat hole.
2-Creating a rat hole to beat a dead horse into.
3-The bloody mess of a dead horse which was beaten into a rat hole.
:rofl:

bwerb:

If all of you uninitiated would simply join us...we won't criticize you anymore, you'll see the truth of the universe and be more attractive to others. ...

I put on my BP/W and was immediately mobbed by Shaka Zulu's avatar harem. I took the boot off my SPG first so they woudn't get the wrong idea.

cornfed:
The majority of what you read about DIR here is cloudy and muddled by flame wars, trolls and the occasional cyber diver. I assure you that there are reasons behind everything and suggest that you don't take what on the surface may appear overly ridge as the final word.

yeah i guess. i'm still not to fond after what i read. the name alone is disturbing, implying that we are doing it wrong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom