Discrepancy between my computers during the dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@pisauron Have you applied the "recent" firmware updates for your Ratio??? I was seeing what you describe between my iX3M 2 and my Peregrine. Then Ratio released an update (or I think it was 2 updates back to back) few months ago and now NDLs match pretty well (not perfectly but no more than few minutes differences at most - which is something normal/expected).

[EDIT] Here is a link of a post where I described them solving the issue (assuming we are talking about the same issue): Ratio Dive Computers Announces New iX3M 2!! Our Best Dive Computer yet!

I hope this helps.

Hi @pisauron

So, that is very interesting. As the second dive of the day I might wonder if Garmin and Ratio were handling repetitive dives differently. What was your surface interval? I would send the graphs and additional dive information to Ratio and ask them if they have any comments.

That would not keep me from applying the firmware updates as suggested by @stepfen if that is applicable.

So, apparently @stepfen noticed a discrepancy like this, any others?

Have you guys not noticed that the Ratio is reading deeper than the Garmin?

Here is another post where differences between iX3M2 and a Garmin Descent Mk2i are described:

and here is a post in that thread I described what I saw: Ratio Dive Computers Announces New iX3M 2!! Our Best Dive Computer yet! and few more posts further down

Interestingly some time after that discussion Ratio released the firmware update that practically solved my issues.

Have you guys not noticed that the Ratio is reading deeper than the Garmin?
I hadn't noticed that in the last graphs. Does 0.2 m account for the difference in NDL? Was the marker placed in exactly the same place on both graphs?

I hadn't noticed that in the last graphs. Does 0.2 m account for the difference in NDL? Was the marker placed in exactly the same place on both graphs?
All I know is that I run 2 identical computers and as I get deeper they show a foot or 2 differently. Over 2 dives this builds up to quite a difference in NDL's. I own several of the same computers and have changed between the ones I carry. Whichever one reads the deepest always has less NDL, and this gets worse with more dives.

All I know is that I run 2 identical computers and as I get deeper they show a foot or 2 differently. Over 2 dives this builds up to quite a difference in NDL's. I own several of the same computers and have changed between the ones I carry. Whichever one reads the deepest always has less NDL, and this gets worse with more dives.
This is 0.7 feet. What is the NDL difference you get with 1-2 feet over 2 dives? I dived 2 Oceanic computer for many years. I did not pay much attention to the depths, never noticed they were different. The NDLs were always nearly exactly the same.

This is 0.7 feet. What is the NDL difference you get with 1-2 feet over 2 dives?
I'm seeing .3 meters difference between the two on those graphs, essentially 1 foot. I notice fairly large differences in NDL's by the end of 2 long dives when my computers sometimes read on the same foot and sometimes read differently. As I go deeper there is more difference and they may change to be always 1 foot apart and sometimes 2 feet. All the graph readings in decimal places were shallower than the deep readings that were in whole numbers. Might have been more difference there. After all, a meter is 39 inches. Over 2 long nitrox dives I might have 20-30 minutes difference in NDL's. Seems to make a difference when one is ALWAYS deeper than the other.

Here is another post where differences between iX3M2 and a Garmin Descent Mk2i are described:

and here is a post in that thread I described what I saw: Ratio Dive Computers Announces New iX3M 2!! Our Best Dive Computer yet! and few more posts further down

Interestingly some time after that discussion Ratio released the firmware update that practically solved my issues.

I think i am running the latest update.
I tried updating and it's stays the same.

Can you check which one you got?

I got the 5.2.4.5/016

Attachments

• PXL_20240430_032830396~2.jpg
    PXL_20240430_032830396~2.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 11
Hi @pisauron

1714485628028.png
1714485663115.png

At just under 30 minutes of your second dive of the day, your Ratio computer had 1 min of NDL left and an average depth of 23.3 meters. Your Garmin computer had 13 min of NDL left with an almost identical average depth of 23.2 meters. I find it hard to believe that the difference in NDL is due to a difference in the depth.

I wonder why the CNS O2 are different

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom