Display reversed left to right after battery swap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haven’t needed any, my unit is ticking along just fine. A bit disappointed by the companion phone app but it serves firmware updates just fine. Very interested to see what they do here with an obvious failure.
Cell phone cameras have selfie picture swap setting. Then if you don't want mirror image left right reverse, there is a setting for that too. Why would left right reverse mirror image be on a dive computer, I would not know that. My puck computer from 20 years about, does not have display that does graphs or such. Everything has a fixed place in the display for each parameter. I'm not sure my computer will last much more time. Bottom timer puck is my backup with tables.

Glitch, maybe?
Electronics troubleshooting 101. Pull the plug (battery), wait a while (let any stored charge dissipate), plug it back in (reinsert battery), see what happens (pray) ...

Haven’t needed any, my unit is ticking along just fine. A bit disappointed by the companion phone app but it serves firmware updates just fine. Very interested to see what they do here with an obvious failure.

There have already been MANY threads on SB about their continued fantastic customer service since they were bought.

I emailed Shearwater Sunday night and they got back to me when they got into the office this morning. It looks like a hardware issue and to RMA the computer. Their service has always been great so off to the repair shop it goes.

Of course I'm off to Roatan 6AM Thursday morning so I had to borrow a Perdix from a buddy.

Let’s see if that legendary Shearwater service holds true after their buyout…
Just got my Petrel back after a stiff button replacement (and they covered it under warranty even though the toy is almost two years old). And a window replacement to boot! Fast service and a nice discussion with Mr. Morton at Dive-Tronix before he shipped.
Yes, Shearwater service is as good as it has ever been!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom