ditchable weight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tobin, I was looking for ditchable weight pockets on dss's site. Do you have any available?

Mike Edwards

We don't make any weight pockets. I would recommend against trying to put all of your ballast on your rig in any event.

IIRC, you should need little or no additional ballast with a SS plate, al 80 and little or no exposure suit anyway.

Keep in mind that heavy weight belt can be uncomfortable, but the 2-4 lbs you might need is not.

Tobin

I'd recommend the DUI Weight and Trim II weight harness. It works great underneath a DSS rig.

Try leisurepro XS`scuba makes a pocket that mounts on the web waist belt and you can pull on it to release the weight. You only lose the lead. Zeagle also has a set that mounts on the back pate and threads through the webbing. It mousts with "sex" bolts. The pouches work the same as the ones on Zeagle BCs

I'd recommend the DUI Weight and Trim II weight harness. It works great underneath a DSS rig.

I have a DUI W&T Classic (which is almost the same) and agree with this :)

Zeagle also has a set that mounts on the back pate and threads through the webbing. It mousts with "sex" bolts. The pouches work the same as the ones on Zeagle BCs

But if you attach weight to the plate directly, you'd have to be sure the wing has enough lift.

I have a DUI W&T Classic (which is almost the same) and agree with this :)
What's the difference between the Classic and Trim II versions? I'm also looking to get one, I'm small, which would be more adjustable?

Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom