Dive Bonne Terre Mine's $30,000 Treasure Hunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I attended last year and won a new Whites Fusion drysuit which they fitted me for and gave to me the same day of the event. It was well organized, had many high-end prizes, and was a great time. I would highly recommend being there.

Would you like to capture High Def Video underwater? Would you like your camera be protected by 2 housings instead of 1?

Bonica is giving away a set of Snapper Dive High Def Video Camera at the Treasure Hunt!

High Def 720P Video with 5.0 Megapixel still capability.
Silicone skin and underwater housing against water

Feel free to visit our forum to find out more. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bonica/

Also, check out our sample video done by Greg at Scuba Radio!
(Please double click the video to view it in youtube and click icon HQ for the best quality)

Well gang,

You convinced me...

I WILL BE THERE!!!

Who knows? You might get to dive with NetDoc, but then you might get lucky and get in BEFORE I silt the place out! :D

Bonne Terre is a unique experience to add to your Log book. I dove there first in 1987 when the mansion was still in use. No locks on the doors and a shared bathroom down the hallway. The diving was a one of a kind experience. You're diving in a water filled lead mine. Wow! Went back 19 years later with my son and the memories of yester year flooded back.The trek down the winding stairs to the mine - the cold chilly air - the staging platform below the earth. You will love it! The water was still cold 58 degrees constant. But the Nikonos memories now included my son. Enjoy your trip and I hope you are inspired by the site of the American flag that stands out brightly on one of the structures.

Are the dives timed, and group led like the rest of the dives there? If so, how long are the dives?

Hello Diverbob,

Yes, the hunt is timed and lead by our guides. You'll dive twice on Saturday and search two seperate areas during each of those dives. Each dive will last aproximately 30 minutes. One of our biggest challanges, is to get people to understand the GREAT dive enviornment we offer. Divers enter the mine and walk down 68 steps. Inside the mine/above the water, is the size of a couple of large indoor football stadiums. 75-100 ft ceilings.... It's HUGE!
You'll walk about 1/8 of a mile and reach our dock and lake. All the tanks and weights are already on the dock for you. We've placed 500,000 watts of stadium lighting directly above the water. So we ALWAYS have 100+ foot visibility. Every weekend, we offer guided tours, through 24 differant trails. You will literally dive though history and see a lot of the things the miners left behind, the train, Ore carts, drills, tables, etc. Because there are so many mine shafts and tunnels, to insure everyone's safety, we have 1 trail guide and at least 1 safety on every trail.
We are offering a trail special for those divers who want to stay Sunday. You can do two trails for $99.00 on Sunday. Normally a $130.00 package.
If you are interested, please contact the shop at 314-209-7200.

Scott and I have signed up for this event. We are spending the night in Rolla on Friday night in case there are other Scubaboarders staying in the area. This will be our first time ever diving the mine, something we have wanted to do for a long time. Wish us luck with the prizes! We are also heading to Bonaire in August - we'll be there from 8/16 to 8/29. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom