dive buddies in japan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was about to say... That name sounded familiar... :D!! hehe. You are German correct? I'm making sure I'm remembering the proper fellow!

---------- Post added January 18th, 2013 at 10:42 AM ----------

Golo and Drei,

I'd like to plan a diving trip down to the islands like Amamioshima, Tanegashima and Yakushima sometime in April! If you are down with seeing some of the dive sites in southern Japan off of the mainland itself, then let me know!

I was about to say... That name sounded familiar...
04.gif
!! hehe. You are German correct? I'm making sure I'm remembering the proper fellow

Well, Half-German, but yes, I think you remember :)
Golo and Drei,

I'd like to plan a diving trip down to the islands like Amamioshima, Tanegashima and Yakushima sometime in April! If you are down with seeing some of the dive sites in southern Japan off of the mainland itself, then let me know!
Zynyx, do you mean in early April, or around Golden Week? For Golden Week, I'm hoping to return to the Phillipines, Indo or Malaysia :)

Tanegashima and Yakushima I could imagine for a long weekend trip, though, my colleagues always say, it rains 400 days a year in Yakushima :D Amami seems a bit far for just a weekend though, and if I have to fly, I'd rather try out Ishigaki.

For Golden Week it depends if one of my German dive buddies has time, then I'd probably head somewhere in south east asia, like Phillipines, Indonesia etc., else my plan was if I'm on my own to just head back to Okinawa again, it's just so convenient. Short flight, not too expensive, and I really do enjoy diving there. I can just go and dive and don't have to spend much time on preparing for the trip.

Ted,
I see that you are based in Whitby - reminds me of the days when I got my open water in Picton :wink: (My hometown is Port Hope). Philippines is great - will probably go there again in March.

Hi Busybugs,
I was in port hope this fall, love that town, very rustic, was on my motorcycle just out for a ride.
I have a trip booked for Roataan already, but let me know how the philipines are, sounds like an adventure.
I prefer warm water dives such as the tropics. More colors and fish life. :)
Nice to meet a fellow ontarian. :)

Well, Half-German, but yes, I think you remember :)

Tanegashima and Yakushima I could imagine for a long weekend trip, though, my colleagues always say, it rains 400 days a year in Yakushima :D Amami seems a bit far for just a weekend though, and if I have to fly, I'd rather try out Ishigaki.

For Golden Week it depends if one of my German dive buddies has time, then I'd probably head somewhere in south east asia, like Phillipines, Indonesia etc., else my plan was if I'm on my own to just head back to Okinawa again, it's just so convenient. Short flight, not too expensive, and I really do enjoy diving there. I can just go and dive and don't have to spend much time on preparing for the trip.

Galo, it sounds like you and me think alike :) I actually just booked a trip down to Okinawa February 8th-12th for the long weekend. Are you interested in joining? Was thinking of either diving in the Keremas (went there in October and enjoyed it) or trying out Miyakojima since Skymark has cheap flights from Naha.

As for Tanegashima and Yakushima, they sound interesting as a potential long weekend destination in early/mid April. I'll have to research further.

Well, I would love to join, but for me that's just a regular weekend, have to work on monday unless I take a day off. So because that weekend is rather expensive I'd actually prefer to go on another weekend.

Just saw you two are from Ontario - me, too.
My family back in Canada moved from Ajax to Whitby last year.

Hope you meet you guys on a dive someday.:cool2:

I know this is an existing thread but wanted to give it a bump.

Summer is coming and I'm also looking for diving buddies to join on regular weekend trips to Izu islands. Except for main island Okinawa last December, I have no experience diving in Japan, including Izu islands. I would love to go there soon!

Cheers!

Any interesting dives happening on or around June 22nd? Instructor buddy will be in town and we might be up for a fun dive in the Tokyo area that day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom