"Dive" by Gordon Korman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve Egner

Contributor
Reaction score
My son brought this one home from his school library. It is the first in a series, subtitled, "The Discovery."

I sampled a few pages, and then finished the book. It is an engaging read, with fast-paced adventure, wreck diving, encounters with sea creatures, and historical references.

Oh, and lots of diving, with basic diving practices covered accurately.

I think that the book would be appropriate for readers in from the 3rd or 4th grade and up... and their parents.:D

I'm doing my best to kindle my children's interest in scuba without being too heavy handed. They've seen me dive in the tank at Epcot, seen my DVD from Hawaii, and snorkeled with me for hours in the ocean, sound, and even some chilly mountain streams. They both want to take scuba classes as soon as they can... but they're a tad young still, my son is nine, my daughter seven.

In the meantime, I hope that books like this will spark their imaginations and keep their desire growing. Those scuba lessons will go down much more easily if they believe this whole thing was their idea :wink: .

My son's school library has a limit on the number of books he can check out at one time. I may run off to Barnes and Noble to finish the series.

Steve

Tridant:
same here! daisydiver

Tridant nice to you see you posting and again welcome to the board.

Steve, me thinks those books are going to be on your bedside table. :D

Missdirected:
Tridant nice to you see you posting and again welcome to the board.

Steve, me thinks those books are going to be on your bedside table. :D

Missdirected thou's book's are the best i want to be like kaz:14:

DaisyDiver:
I Love those books!I am a teen soo,I think they are :14: .They do make me want to dive more,or wish I was diving.

Same here Daisydiver. kaz i think is the best diver in the book.eyebrow

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom