Dive Computer Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

907Lonas

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Looking for thoughts on two dive computer models, I am looking to purchase a Cressi Giotto or Aqualung i300. Any input and insight to either is Appreciated!

Looking for thoughts on two dive computer models, I am looking to purchase a Cressi Giotto or Aqualung i300. Any input and insight to either is Appreciated!

why those two computers? What caused you to narrow your search down from the myriad of options out there to those two? What do you need out of a computer? What are your long term diving goals?

why those two computers? What caused you to narrow your search down from the myriad of options out there to those two? What do you need out of a computer? What are your long term diving goals?

tbone1004- I have looked at multiple and am new to diving and liked those models, I am open to suggestions. I am just getting started and liked these models for beginner models per se and will get more into it as time progresses.

tbone1004- I have looked at multiple and am new to diving and liked those models, I am open to suggestions. I am just getting started and liked these models for beginner models per se and will get more into it as time progresses.

what is your budget? and are you planning on using this locally at home, or in warm water travel?

I am a fan of buy once cry once, so may as well get something that will last for the long haul instead of having to "step up"

what is your budget? and are you planning on using this locally at home, or in warm water travel?

I am a fan of buy once cry once, so may as well get something that will last for the long haul instead of having to "step up"
I was looking at a max of $350 for this one until I can get more dives in and get more experience under my belt. I am heading to Oahu next month for a dive and plan to get my dry suit certification soon so I can dive locally here in Alaska!!

yeah it's a bit annoying in terms of the algorithm that they use for it and I would recommend immediately putting it in progressive mode if you want to get any dive time out of it at all. I'm still trying to work with their engineers to give some more flexibility with the thing, but it's a bit slow going. I would certainly have no problems using it over the two you mentioned though

Back
Top Bottom