Dive Condition Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A fantastic day of diving with scubashawn123, bogrady and peppermintpaddi. Shawn was shooting video for his Aquatic Update.
3 dives, about an hour each. Temp 70 degrees, vis was great! Numerous fish and turtles. On the second dive, we ran into a friendly spotted gar that swam right out in the open for Shawn to catch on video. He had no fear of us and I swam with him for quite a while.

Yep, we had a blast diving all day. What a great group to dive with.

The flow rate has increased dramatically from a month ago. The springs are back to flowing again and you can really see where the springs did not have bubbly flow, to all those little spots where the water is breaking through.

Could feel just a bit of a current heading out towards the headwaters if you just hovered you could see yourself start to flow with the flow of the current.

If everyone could send me their fish counts, I forgot to write them down, that would be much appreciated.

Crystal clear water for sure, with nice warm sunshine topside and just a wonderful time together.

See everyone diving soon, I hope.

:D

Temp was mid-70's. The viz was maybe 1ft.

First time out here. I think if the viz improves, this place is going to be the best in the area.

Comal River 11/1

The weather could not have possibly been better...wow.

Anyway...we did the usual walk upstream and drift back until we were out of air. Current running pretty strong, stronger than last time I was there anyway. The water is clearing up, viz 15+ w/some clouds of sediment here and there, but they were pretty small and never a big deal anyway. Crazy how pretty much all the vegetation is completely gone. Saw a good bit of aquatic life, but not as much as usual.
temp 72.3 - 71.6

Did 2 dives, each 1:30 minutes. Water temp 64 degrees, bottom of silos 58 feet. Viz about 10-12 feet (away from training areas). 7mm wetsuit, 7mm hood.

I'd sure like to know if the little darter fish are related to the ones in Spring Lake.

PP--CSSP has these darter fish, too. They hang out in the deep part by the spring craters.

Mansfield Dam Park
November 3, 2009
2:45 pm

air: 75 deg
bottom temp: 68-70 deg
vis: 2-4' max

Vis not very good, was very green and didn't really improve with depth.
Found a large multi-windowed boat and a large dive platform that I hadn't seen
before, both currently at about 25'.

On the up side, it was one nicest days I've seen in a while, calm winds and perfect
temperatures.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11/7
Aquarena - Water level seems to be up some since last time I was there. Besides that, same as usual, good viz, 72 degree water. Enjoyed diving with the OW class I was with.

11/8
Mansfield Dam Park

If you read the post above mine, not much new to say except the weather was not really too nice. Pouring rain on the way out, but somehow just cloudy at the park at least until after we left.

Went down to the wall found the sail boat and a platform. Vis 2-6' and very hazy most of the dive. Temp 69 @ surface, 68 at 56'

Did two solo dives at the park. Lake Murray was out for me as it was NASCAR weekend and I35 is terrible.

Dive buddy had other event so Broken Bow was out......well had 2 nice dives.

Very few non class divers, and only 3-4 classes, I tried to stay clear of their silted areas. Vis was good for the pond this early in the year....10-15ft. and some areas maybe a few more feet. of course there were areas of less vis 5-8ft. but that still not bad. Temp at the surface was in the upper 60's and at 47ffw 65f. Tons of schooling LARGE bass and catfish that would allow you to swim along with them. I did find one 'new' mid size rock formation I don't remember from previous dips.

I own a rear zip dry suit so I had to get the air fill station attd. to zip me in, I can manage to unzip the suit myself. LOL

1. 66 minutes/47ft max
2. 78 minutes/39ft max

11-08-09
Oasis Wall & Shaker Plant
Divers - Michael Digiantonio, paulw - Harley and Logan Myler
DM - Jennifer
Dive time - 40 min
Air Temp 70
Water Temp @ Surface 68
Water Temp @ 55 -68
Vis to 30 - .5 to 3'
Vis 30 to 60 - .5 to 3'

We went out on the Giant Stride and dove the Oasis Wall and Shaker Plant, it was overcast when we started and colder and raining when we finished.
The diving could be best described as BRAILLE DIVING ! The vis was 1/2' to 3' at about all depths. Great MUCK day!!!
Jennifer and I looked for Texas Torpedo's lost mask but sorry David it wasn't to be found today. Here are some pictures, I thought you might like to see what the lake looks like now.

PICT0001-2.jpgPICT0002-2.jpgPICT0003-2.jpgPICT0005-2.jpgPICT0006-2.jpgPICT0007-2.jpgPICT0008-2.jpg

Last edited:
Did two solo dives at the park. Lake Murray was out for me as it was NASCAR weekend and I35 is terrible.

Dive buddy had other event so Broken Bow was out......well had 2 nice dives.

Very few non class divers, and only 3-4 classes, I tried to stay clear of their silted areas. Vis was good for the pond this early in the year....10-15ft. and some areas maybe a few more feet. of course there were areas of less vis 5-8ft. but that still not bad. Temp at the surface was in the upper 60's and at 47ffw 65f. Tons of schooling LARGE bass and catfish that would allow you to swim along with them. I did find one 'new' mid size rock formation I don't remember from previous dips.

I own a rear zip dry suit so I had to get the air fill station attd. to zip me in, I can manage to unzip the suit myself. LOL

1. 66 minutes/47ft max
2. 78 minutes/39ft max

Hey Texguy, if you saw a flash of white, those were my legs! I was celebrating my 150th dive by wearing a speedo while we replaced the pink boat buoy. :cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom