Dive Condition Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is Spring lake still by invitation only?

Anyone who is certified as a Science Diver by AC can make a dive request.

Right now, due to the low flow conditions, the number of dives per day is limited to 6. When the flow returns to "normal" levels, that will increase to 12 dives per day. Talking with the staff, Spring Lake is averaging 15 divers per week.

At this time, diving is limited to business hours (M-F 10-4). No diving on the weekends.

If you are certified to dive the lake, there are 15 dive slots available M-F.

Is anyone offering the certification?

CSSP 5/18/13

Went out with my dad's OW class. Surprising 77* on surface and 72* at 20ft. Viz 5-10ft though.

Lake Travis 5/18/13

Hippie Hollow - Surface temp 73 temp 60' 63. Slight thermocline at 20. Vis about 15ft.
Brode's Scuba Park - Same temps. Vis about 4ft.

288 Lake, 18 May
viz, up to 5ish feet
temp, 72 degrees​

Spring Lake, San Marcos May 23

Temp: Same
Vis: 50'+
Spring Flow: Call it 100cfs

Cleaned up Arch Site. After a hour, it was in respectable condition. All the lines have been removed. In addition all the upright sections of "fence panel" on the lower part of the site have been removed. Their removal makes the site much easier to work.

The shallow transition between Arch Site and Deep Hole is mostly blocked. Very easy to get off course going from Deep Hole to Arch Site. From Arch Site to Deep Hole, go to the northeast post of the grid and follow a 90 degree bearing. You will hit Fault Line.

Next week Pete and me are assigned to switch out the "bugs" in the lake (ten sites from the Headwaters down to Cypress Point). I will be praying that the navigation gods look favorably on me.

Back
Top Bottom